OMG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995EGGuy

Omg i'm looking for a new EG because so i can switch over my parts one i have now is an auto. but the other one i want to get is stick and im so scared of driving stick lol i know how a stick works but only got 90% knowledge and i wonder how the whole braking and downshifting works at the same time? any tips also thanks ppl

i assume you know what and where the clutch pedal is
im also going to assume you know what and where the gear selector lever (shifter) is
i will also assume that you know you have to depress the clutch pedal before you move the gear selector, and release it after

thats 90% of it right there

starting off is probably the hardest part of driving standard... once you have that down then the rest will fall into place with time

do not worry about the whole downshifting while slowing thing at this time (most people dont do it correctly anyway)

work on getting your starts and shifts smooth... the more advanced stuff will come later

if you can't figure out how to drive stick in less than 15 min, off your self because you're about as smart as paris hilton.

thanks.

hey, this just in sparky...

your B16 is not going to bolt into a car with a Dseries manual trans...

your auto B16 ecu won't work either...

you will have to swap in your B16 with the B series auto trans and auto ecu, or you have to get a B series 5 speed, and a manual B16 ecu...

why? lol i could get it in like 10 min but i need a beater to try it! my friend is supposed to show me how but his 300ZX is in the works getting a TT engine

Quoted post[/post]]
hey, this just in sparky...

your B16 is not going to bolt into a car with a Dseries manual trans...

your auto B16 ecu won't work either...

you will have to swap in your B16 with the B series auto trans and auto ecu, or you have to get a B series 5 speed, and a manual B16 ecu...

....i'm aware of that i know what i need to make it work buddy. i just need my knowledge of manual to get going.

what was i supposed to title it? 'help me wow i dont know my shit?'

i don't understand the point of this thread...
i don't know that anyone can help you learn to drive stick over the computer...

why do you have a B16 auto??? :dry:

Quoted post[/post]]
what was i supposed to title it? 'help me wow i dont know my shit?'

i don't understand the point of this thread...
i don't know that anyone can help you learn to drive stick over the computer...

why do you have a B16 auto??? :dry:

i didnt want anybody to help me to drive stick i just said i need a old car to try it myself. and i have a B16 auto because maybe then i didnt know how to drive stick. btw its not a d series auto trans its a b series auto trans "M24A"

Title of this thread:

"Is it hard to learn to drive a manual transmision?"

Or

"Any tips for a newbie trying to learn 5-speed?"

OMGHi2uBBQ?

Back