OMG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

another thing, if you want to learn to drive a manual, go to an empty parking lot with hills to learn.

OMGHi2uBBQ?

haha, that rhymes

so tips for the 5 speed
try to learn on something other than a honda
honda = no low end torque
which could leads you to potentially stall or slip the clutch too much
get the foot workings down on something like a pickup, or other high torque motor, then bring the basics back to honda

but if you need to get it back to your house and you only have 10 minutes... uhm...
give it 1/8 to 1/4 gas and slowly let out the clutch...
everything after you get going will be easy
and avoid anywhere you would have to stop on a hill, ie: redlight or stop sign

is this the kind of info you;re looking for?

keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you and try not to ever come to a complete stop...

a rolling start is easier than a standing start...

if it starts to buck just push in the clutch and try again

I learned stick on my own Civic - and Civics with stock clutches are fairly forgiving. The main thing are starts and stops. Drive as much as you can, and don't be scarred. Don't try to learn on any car that has a lot of power, or no torque. I tried learning on my mom's SE-R Spec V and I got way to frustrated. Sat in the parking lot with my Civic and picked it up on my first try.

here's how my dad taught me, and now i will pass it on to you...

"gas out, clutch in!
clutch in, gas out!
It's not that hard you fucking idiot. Stop fucking killing it."

Hey how do I tune a piano ?

Why aren't you telling me how to tune a piano ? Is it different with grand pianos or upright pianos ? I have a yamaha but it's tuned already and my friend has a Steinway but I don't want ruin his steinway I want to get a beater piano and learn to tune it

Heres a funny story of the first time I drove a manual transmission:

When I drove to Maryland to pick up my 90 crx from ian (gsrcrxsi) I drove it home on illegal plates and registration and inspection(I had insurance on it). Before then I had never once drove a 5speed. Needless to say when I pulled out of the gravel drivway I did a huge burnout and his dad looked at me like I was retarded. BUT I never once stalled it all the way back to NY.

wow, maryland to NY on illegal plates
damn, you got some big balls

i know a chick that got an 00 or 01 purple gsr 5 speed, never drove stick a day in her life and she drove it off the lot...

if she can do it i'm sure you can

let us know how it goes, preferably with vids if its really embarassing

yeh it's really isn't abig deal unless you can't walk and clap your hands at the same time then you might have trouble.

It's easy to learn on a honda assumeing it's relatively stock, to learn on your freinds 300zx might be a little bit of trouble though.

Patron Post of this thread, right there people :)

Back