One last question. Intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlowRider

I am putting the 97 b18b1 into my 94 civic. Can I use the intake manifold for the 97 or do I have to get one from a obd1 b18? I am using thw 97 integra wire harness. What would I do with the vacume line that went to the little sensor that went to the obd 1 manifold.

Just use the IM you have. Which little sensor? Map? Should go to the canister down below.

so your going to convert your car to obd2?

Maybe I'm just not all there today.

But you should use your civic harness with the obd2 manifold. Just "make it work". I'm using an obd0 manifold in my 93 hatch and using my civic harness.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 4 2005, 11:50 AM

But you should use your civic harness with the obd2 manifold. Just "make it work". I'm using an obd0 manifold in my 93 hatch and using my civic harness.
[post=482576]Quoted post[/post]​

No I am using obd1 But the engine was from a obd2. There is a little map sensor that goes to the canister from my D series engine. Should I use that sensor? Or should I use the one that is mounted to the top of the manifold?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 4 2005, 05:50 PM

[post=482576]Quoted post[/post]​

OBD II Integra engine harness plugs right into 92-95 Civics at the shock tower. This allows you to use all the OBD II parts, without switching, and still running an OBD I ECU, sweet huh?

i never knew that.

I could have sworn the obd2 didnt have the shock tower plugs.

What sensor are you talking about.

The MAP is on the TB.

I don't know what sensor your talking about cause there should be only one MAP sensor. The TPS is also mounted on the TB.

Take a picture cause I'm missing it or something

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 4 2005, 07:38 PM
i never knew that.

I could have sworn the obd2 didnt have the shock tower plugs.

[post=482618]Quoted post[/post]​

OBD II Civics do not, but Integras kept the canon plugs in the bay, making life beautiful for us 5th gen owners :)

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Apr 4 2005, 09:54 PM
Thats amazing and you don't need to re-wire anything???
[post=482715]Quoted post[/post]​

Depends on the exact motor you are putting in, some times you have to rewire the o2/IAC still, or add vtec/IABs, but not much else.

Back