opinions on 03 Tibi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Anyone ever drive the 03 Hyundai Tibi GT with the V6 just a little curious on how it performs

decent car ... pretty fun

id suggest taking one for a beat... errr.... test drive

biggest engine in it's class (2.7L V6), 3rd highest power rating in it's class (172 hp/181 ft lbs), if I recall right it's the 2nd heaviest car in it's class (3023 lbs), with the 3rd or 4th lowest base price ($18,599 msrp).

The 172 hp makes that car scream, and the six speed is smooth as butter. Me and a friend of mine test drove one this summer, we had it at 80 mph on the highway in no time. The new styling is makes it look badass from it's predecessors..(sp?)

He wanted it so bad he made me want it too...I like it better than the Sentra Spec V i had for 11 days.

girl i work with has one and its a pretty nice car. pretty fast i think...

they look pretty good, if it's in teh right color.

the black ones kinda remond me of the black knight

TiburonBig11.jpg

:worthy:

TiburonBig18.jpg

:worthy:

Personally I'd get it in Either Carbon Blue, Jet Black, or Super Silver. :D

If I rememeber right the engine used in the Tib is the same engine made for the SUV/Mini van reviews on it have said it makes great power then just drops off it has a really shitty power curve as soon as it gets fun it just kinda dies on you

Originally posted by ventolin5@Jan 9 2004, 01:05 AM
damn that interionr is sweet! :eek:

Yeahhh

TiburonBig2.jpg

I love the 160 mph gauges.

TiburonBig12.jpg

Radio/Climate Controls

Available Infinity® 360-Watt AM/FM/CD/Cassette Stereo w/6 Speakers and Subwoofer

:worthy: and it sounds damn good...we blared Godsmack the whole test drive. :D

gal_lg_int_4.jpg

I like mine better :p
Haha, that tibi is sweet though, just not what I would get in that class, too many other better options.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jan 9 2004, 01:17 AM
gal_lg_int_4.jpg

I like mine better :p
Haha, that tibi is sweet though, just not what I would get in that class, too many other better options.

Well, that being your opinion...I somewhat agree with it, the SRT-4 is about the only better option I can think of in that category, the Mazdaspeed protege, Focus SVT, Sentra Spec V, Civic Si and Golf just don't do anything for me in certain performance categories of each car.

The protege is underpowered for a turbocharged engine, as is the Si's NA engine, The SVT is just...a Ford...although I'd buy one I like the styling of the Tib better, The Spec V...well, Nissan made it UGLY for the 04 model year, and the Golf is just...a Golf IMO...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 8 2004, 10:54 PM
its a hundai.

that is all.

w0rd! It's a bad stigma to have. Hyundai is just gay. kthxbye

I just think the tibi is underpowered for an engine of that size. The 2002 GTI's (not golfs :p ) make about the same power and are a lot easier to make power with. I still say RSX if you can afford the bigger price tag.... or a turbo k24 w/ type r head beast, but thats another story ;)

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jan 9 2004, 05:45 AM
I just think the tibi is underpowered for an engine of that size. The 2002 GTI's (not golfs :p ) make about the same power and are a lot easier to make power with. I still say RSX if you can afford the bigger price tag.... or a turbo k24 w/ type r head beast, but thats another story ;)

So I take it you think the Spec V qr25de is underpowered too? :roll: You gotta realize that they aren't trying to get 100 hp per liter out of them, not everyone wants to run at 8000 rpm all day. (thank Loco for that reasoning, because it actually makes sense)

The real thing you have to realize is the GT-V6 and the Spec V have a MUCH better power curve and powerband than any of the other sport compacts. They're tuned for a crazy amount of torque that you simply cannot get out of a 2.0 liter.

They make 180 and 181 ft lbs at around 4500 rpm, unlike say the Focus SVTs & 02-up Si's 132 ft lbs at what? 6000 rpm? I'd much rather drive the Spec V or GTV6 over any of the other smaller displacement cars...and I'm sure I've already stated how much I dislike the qr25de in the V from personal experiences in other posts.

I'm willing to bet the GT-V6 responds more to mods like intake/headerS/exhaust more than any the rest of the cars do. That leads me to think that besides the SRT-4, the GT-V6 is one of the best deals out of there.

Damn I'm making some good points to myself.... maybe I should go get one since everyone told me not to get the Si anyway. :spin:

since its a v6 is there any room for mods? (turbo? SC?) the torque sounds good but the weight is a lot. Its like a damn eclipse. I was just browsing around on cardomain looking at some and this guy had dynoed his GT at like 197whp. Not bad he had cams, TB, PnP intake mani. with cat-back exhaust. These are FWD right? If they made it RWD then it would be better than the competition.

Back