ordered my air ride today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i FINALLY ordered my air ride for my truck today. it was like $859 total from suicidedoors.com. heres a list of the stuff i ordered:

1- Viar 380 compressor
4- SMC 3/8" fill valves
4- SMC 3/8" dump valves
1- AVS clear 9 switch switchbox
1- chrome 5 gallon 4 port air tank
2- Airlift 2B6 2500 dual port air bags for the front
2- Airlift 2B7 2600 dual port air bags for the rear
2- KP Components 200psi dual needle gauges
1- KP Components 200psi single needle gauge
1- SMC 3/8" water trap
1- Viar 140/200psi pressure switch and relay
50ft of 1/2" air line
50ft of 1/8" air line

im going to the suicidedoors.com store on friday to pick up all the stuff. its going to save me $20 in shipping (~$80 to have everything if i wanted it shipped). start of installation is going to begin this weekend. im going to plumb all the lines and mount the tank and compressor this weekend then probably make the bag mounts next weekend. i cant wait :mrgreen:

nice! is there anything you have to do to correct caster or camber? The splash has the twin I-beam front suspension, correct?

hell if you are gonna do it do it right, right?

yes the Splash has I-beam suspension. ive already got 4" lowered I-beams up front. as far as camber goes, Ranger's have wicked negative camber when lowered. theres not much that will help it unless i keep it at one height all the time.

the 9 switches is correct. im going to be able to do front, back and side to side with it. i will also be able to control how much air is in each individual bag.

Yeah, get as many switches as you can stand to have. You'd regret not getting them.

Nice choice on the bags/compresser. Any ideas where you'll mount the gauges? Got pillar/dash pods already?

My boss cant wait to finish his S-10. Its taken apart right now, getting the frame powdercoated this week (I think he settled on black chrome).

Quoted post[/post]]
HOLY SHIT! Bags have DROPPED in price! Why not go with 1/2" valves? :mrgreen: Or fastbag valves? :mrgreen:

ehh im not trying to hop my truck. i did think about 1/2" valves but i really dont care for making it too fast. i may in the future tho. fastbag valves? u mean like running 300psi fast? lol. id have to have a big ass nitrogen botle to do that...thats too fast for me...lol

I remember when bags were $2500 and you had to cut the shit out of your truck... is it all bolt on?

some stuff is bolt on (mostly for S-10s) but for the most part you still have to do alot of cutting, welding and grinding.

sorry to thread jack but you seem like the man to talk to...
my friend is looking into bagging an 01 S10...
i have never bagged anything

i;m assuming the place you got your stuff is the place to go for good cheap parts...
you ordered your as parts only? or as a kit?

and are bag kit kinda like turbo kits?
the retards get the "kits" but the people that know thier shit order better parts and get a better kit for the same or a lower price?

a friend of a friend has an nissan hardbody thats bagged. only he has a small leak somewhere in his system, and is too lazy to look for it.. so it seriously takes about 2 minutes to fill the bags. its hilarious.

Quoted post[/post]]
a friend of a friend has an nissan hardbody thats bagged. only he has a small leak somewhere in his system, and is too lazy to look for it.. so it seriously takes about 2 minutes to fill the bags. its hilarious.

I have a friend with ONE OLD ASS compressor running a Chevy 3500 Quad Cab Dually... Takes 5 minutes for the compressor to fill up enough just to lift the truck... LOL !

And I know AirRide makes a bolt on kit for the s10's, and even a bolt in C Notch that won't require any welding...

Quoted post[/post]]
some stuff is bolt on (mostly for S-10s) but for the most part you still have to do alot of cutting, welding and grinding.

sorry to thread jack but you seem like the man to talk to...
my friend is looking into bagging an 01 S10...
i have never bagged anything

i;m assuming the place you got your stuff is the place to go for good cheap parts...
you ordered your as parts only? or as a kit?

and are bag kit kinda like turbo kits?
the retards get the "kits" but the people that know thier shit order better parts and get a better kit for the same or a lower price?

the place i got my kit from is actually a pretty badass place that has EXCELLENT quality stuff. just about every minitrucker i know has something from suicidedoors.com on their truck. the "kit" i ordered was all stuff that i picked out individually and is called a "custom kit" or something along those lines. anyways, the guys at suicidedoors.com are really knowledgeable and will help you out with whatever you need. oh and they make all their frame notches, bag mounts..etc in house. :)

If you can try to get some beofre and after pics of the suspension. I want to bag a 73-78 Chevy fullsized swb truck.

Back