p28? in a h22a?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mxer518

i have a p28 that i ran in my b16..... now i have a 93 lude with a h22. what i am wondering is will that p28 work in the lude with the h22a. the h22a is jdm. and another think i was wondering is since the h22a is jdm and the lude is usdm will i need to somehow swith the wiring harness to the other side so that it will match up with the shock tower harness.

Originally posted by mxer518@Mar 8 2005, 09:41 PM
i have a p28 that i ran in my b16..... now i have a 93 lude with a h22. what i am wondering is will that p28 work in the lude with the h22a. the h22a is jdm. and another think i was wondering is since the h22a is jdm and the lude is usdm will i need to somehow swith the wiring harness to the other side so that it will match up with the shock tower harness.
[post=470939]Quoted post[/post]​

ull have to have the ecu reburned for the h22 but its the best computer for the motor
contact ( v4lu3s ) he can reburn it for u for about $75 i recomend him

as far as the motor, if it is already in the car why would u have to switch the wiring??????

Originally posted by FTPRACING+Mar 8 2005, 11:27 PM-->
@Mar 8 2005, 09:41 PM
[post=470939]Quoted post[/post]​

ull have to have the ecu reburned for the h22 but its the best computer for the motor
contact ( v4lu3s ) he can reburn it for u for about $75 i recomend him

as far as the motor, if it is already in the car why would u have to switch the wiring??????
[post=470978]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

ECU plugs in the same, unless you have an OBD change.

the lude that i have now has no motor in it...but i got a h22a swap for it. but i have heard if its jdm then the wiring is backwards because of the RHD.......im just trying to figure out what the facts are?

Originally posted by mxer518@Mar 9 2005, 06:25 AM
the lude that i have now has no motor in it...but i got a h22a swap for it. but i have heard if its jdm then the wiring is backwards because of the RHD.......im just trying to figure out what the facts are?
[post=471053]Quoted post[/post]​

the engine harness will be on the wrong side. However, you ALWAYS use your stock engine harness and add the necessary wires. Converting the RHD harness would be a huge hassle. If you don't have the right harness for that car, then I'd get one. Try EBAY or a local salvage yard. Honda wants like $700 or more for one, so don't bother. If you must(and the plugs are the same) then you could modify that RHD harness, but I wouldn't.

Back