P72 Pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

Will P72 or P73 pistons work in my LS B18B. I have a set of P72 pistons and want to know if they will work in my 95 LS with aftermarket cams? What will my comprision be and will clearence be an issue? I have heard that the pistons will and I have heard that they want please someone tell me facts.

Thanks alot :)

All oem pistons made for 81mm bore work in your LS motor. That should include gsr, itr, ctr, and b16s.

As far as piston to valve clearance, that all depends on what pistons your running and the specs on your cams. Go to a machinist and get it clayed if you want exact clearance numbers.

I want waste my time doing a mock up in the first place if I new wheather or not they would work! I need facts! But thanks anyway.

Originally posted by HondasHateMe@Jul 13 2003, 11:27 PM
All oem pistons made for 81mm bore work in your LS motor. That should include gsr, itr, ctr, and b16s.

Except not. This is incorrect.

They will all fit your bore, but you will have to shave your rods down to get GSR/ITR pistons on them. GSR pistons will not be much of a compression bump, if you want to stick to B18 pistons get ITR. B16 Pistons will fit directly on your LS rods. JDM B16 pistons will yeild about 11.3:1 with the stock LS head.

Back