painting interior

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

Hey I had a question I have brown interior but I want to go all black !! So I got the door panels and was thinkin of buyin the rest of the panels but its a lot of money...so I was think I could paint it they sell a spray paint in kragen that is for the interior I don't kno if its good idea to paint it or take it to a shop and get it painted ?

paint

I would do it mysefl if i was you. Its all in the prep work. Prep it good in your sanding and cleaning it will come out good. Mine looks good.

i have the tan interior in my ex sedan, i just suck it up and live with it. painting the interior always leads to issues in the end.

well if you do end up painting it,do it right,and it should last awhile
scuff the pieces up real nice,apply adhesion promoter,prime,paint,clearcoat..
the biggest thing your gonna run into is paint cracking,and chipping

Can I use any kind of primer or is there a different kind ? Cuz I seen the paint for the interior I might try the lower panels only and leave the top pieces tan is cuz I don't think like how it look with black door panels and the rest brown

all the paints have to be for flexible apps, cos the pores in the dash expand, and contract when hot, and cold. I recomend cleaning all surfaces with soap,and water let air dry, because towels leave behind cotton or other objects. Also use the adhesion promoter you will not regret it. Makes the pain stick to plastic, and helps prevent chipping. try and remove as many peices that will be painted as possible. scuff the pieces up,apply adhesion promoter,prime,paint,clearcoat.. good luck. Im doing the same over here, and this is the advice the custom shop gave me, so i'm just passing it on.

Dupli-color vinyl and plastic? I have never used it but have heard good things. It is a dye vs. being a paint.

Ive used plastic paint, made by krylon i found in walmarts, as a primer, then sprayed my color of choice and put a triple coating of clear coat. probably was overkill using 3 coats of clear coat but will take scuffs a little better. None of these paint methods will take lots of abuse. Ive painted plastic parts in both my civic and del sol and they turned out nice and lasted. Definetly sand well and must be sanded by hand. Do not use any auto sander they take off too much material and plastic burns quickly. First hand experience lol. good luck

Does your car's generation not have a factory black interior? If at all possible you should got with that, even though it is more costly.. you won't have to worry about people fucking it up on accident, or for that matter - on purpose.

what would i do if i was planning on painting the dashboard also? would i sand the dash, or just the platic pieces that i plan on taking off?

Back