Painting rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I know it is possible to paint rims, but I was wondering what it would take or if it is even possible to paint rims that dark bronze color. I wasn't sure if that is something that could be painted on, or if the rims have to be dipped or what. thanks

yeah you can do it. make sure you give them a good cleaning and sand them down a bit with 400grit wetsand. thats how i did mine, and they look awesome.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 22 2005, 09:20 AM
yeah you can do it. make sure you give them a good cleaning and sand them down a bit with 400grit wetsand. thats how i did mine, and they look awesome.
[post=558373]Quoted post[/post]​

\

I talked to someone today about doing it, and they told me $75 a piece. Is it always that expensive, because I could almost buy a set for that?

depends on the size of the wheel and whether the powdercoater is any good.

a good powdercoater can command a little higher price. also, a larger wheel will cost more to coat (more coating, more oven space, etc.

Quoted post[/post]]
I know it is possible to paint rims, but I was wondering what it would take or if it is even possible to paint rims that dark bronze color. I wasn't sure if that is something that could be painted on, or if the rims have to be dipped or what. thanks

powder coating can be veyr expensive. In all honesty, i think its better to just buy new rims.

gallery_13158_303_18222.jpg

this is my paint job....all i did was spray it...i would recomend sanding and clearcoating it....

i powder coat yo! see that pic of my B17.. that valve cover was chipped all to hell.... i powdercoated it wrinkle red like the type R valver covers :mrgreen: i can do wheels.. intake manifolds.. almost anything that wont melt at 370º get at me if anyones intereested i can send some pics and color choices.. and if i dont have it, i can get it just about any color in the world.. even house of colors

Back