Painting stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Would this be a good gun if i was planing on screwing around with paing the hatch i just got?

Is it even possible to lay a decent paint job down in MY garage? I think i can paint pretty good so i figure with a lil practice i may be able to get the hang of it. If that was the case can you do a paint job in the garage that would look good? I would be laying plastic top and bottom and all that im just not ure how good the idea is.

LOOK

i don't know man i mean we hardly know each other and your already wanting to use my garage to paint stuff in kinda forward of you huh :huh:

don't buy a siphon feed. buy a gravity feed.

and don't fool around with painting your hatch, unless you plan on aircraft-stripping the paint off. new paint is HARD AS FUCK to sand off, even with an orbital sander.

and as far as getting good quality in your garage, it will never, EVER be as good of a quality as you could get in a dry booth. you're gonna get trash in your paint no matter what if you paint in a garage, because the dried particles are going to be lingering in the air.

I did mine in a shop, and it has a little trash in it, but i went through with tweezers and picked the bigger pieces out between coats. Looks about as good as it could get without using a dry booth.

but don't buy a siphon feed gun.

also, don't put plastic on top. put it on the floor and on the sides, but not on top. with your entire car closed in, but no proper venting, you'll get almost NOTHING but trash

We used a gravity fed gun when we painted mine and the gun was great. I'm still waiting for my friend to get me the paint code info...he did once and I lost the shit. Anyway, good luck and post photos when you're done.

gunok go to ebay and buy this gun

i use one of there higher end guns but i have used this gun lays down nicley and has great aftermarket support for parts and tips.

as for a garage paint job you can get a damn good paint job just leave the door open with two box fans in the openings with furnace filter taped over them.
As for crap in the paint do not remove it leave it until the coat is flashed then wet sand it out .

And use 2000 grit wetsanding paper. Invest in a decent buffer and some compound and polish.

bwahah yeah i know, i see cars with 100 grit scratches down all the time and it cracks me up. do they honestly think it's going to buff out?

:lol: any retard that would sand a painted car with 100 grit deserves the embarassment of have big ass scratch marks all over his car, i get a kick out of that shit too. but to add my 2 cents in on your question, i would reccomend gravity feed with 1.4mm tip for enamel, 1.5mm for the primer if you plan on priming.

Back