Passing Emissions in ct need wireing info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16bri

I have a 98 civic (obd2) I have a jdm b16a built and turboed it's obd1 so i normally run an obd1 ecu. However it's time for me to go to emisstions I used an ex harness so I'm missing the secondary o2 sensor. Heres my plans and questions was hoping for some input. I have a usdm 97 del-sol vtech ecu that i plan on running the car with when i go for emissions. I play on swapping my 1000cc injectors for the stock obd1 injectors or unless i can run the stock obd2 D series injectors (or if i have to get stock si injectors i will) and run the stock obd1 map sensor. Will this work what will i have to do to make this work ? Also i know i have to add the o2 i have a second o2 bung in my downpipe before the cat right near my wideband i plan on useing that for the o2 sensor and running wires to my ecu were do i get the pins for the ecu ? are obd1 pins the same as obd2 can i steel the pins from the jdm harness again there obd1 and i'm useing an obd2 ecu. I'm lost here guys but need help dont really feel like sawpping out the b16 and the exhaust and harnees to convert it all back to stock just to pass emissions lol.

obd1 vs obd2 are all different on the ecu. you'll need a jumper.

the real issue you're going to have it that obd2 looks for stuff that your car/engine simply doesn't have emissions related. i don't have an exhaust list, but stuff like egr, charcoal canisters, and all their associated obd2 codes simply aren't on an obd1 motor.

If you can somehow get them to do a sniffer test instead of a scan tool, you'll be better off. just run denatured alcohol
https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/e-vs-emissions-501184/?highlight=emissions

Back