pastigage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

japspec01

I'm changing my friends main and connecting rod bearings for his gsr motor. Is it necessary to use a pastigage with new bearings from the dealer?

it is recommended to do so, as there are several different honda bearing sizes, I will be doing the same shortly with my B16 block...

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 9 2003, 07:31 PM
always use plastigage when building or rebuilding an engine.

:yes:
and ya, its plastiguage, uses a small strip of plastic, you crush it between the bearing and the journal by torqing down, then remove the bearing and check to see how wide it got from being squished. then it has a legend to see what your clearance is by how wide the strip got. you can find it at most auto places.

bearing clearances on most honda motors are .002 of an inch and more then that and you will have low oil presure along with premature bearing faluire TIGHT. thats why they last so long and if you want every bit of perfomance out of you engine use 0w30 mobil one oil .

Plasti Gage is a must. But how you use it is a different story.
9 out 10 People do not know how to use correctly and or in a consistant and accurate manner!

DO YOU!

DId this help anybody What places actually carry PLSTIGAGE's
and how do you correctly Use it can the block tell you the order and color of the bearing you should be USING ????????

just get ACL's. :) Honda uses 3 sizes... ACL's are like the middle size, and work great.

Back