peterson

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Dec 13 2004, 02:08 PM
life without parole = drain on taxpayers. we feed him, keep him clothed, and let him watch cable the rest of his life?

death sentence = 20 years of appeals... the line is THAT long in this state... but, fuck it... he'll die by some other guy's plastic fork at dinner.
[post=431517]Quoted post[/post]​

it actually costs more to put someone to death than to let them die in jail.

i'm actually surprised they gave him the death penalty, i'm glad though. the fucker deserves to die. they should put this on pay-per-view, keger at my house? :)

Originally posted by B16@Dec 13 2004, 06:22 PM
i'm actually surprised they gave him the death penalty, i'm glad though. the fucker deserves to die. they should put this on pay-per-view, keger at my house? :)
[post=431568]Quoted post[/post]​

i say we go back to the "Eye for an Eye" laws, but we choose not to due to the fact that we are a pro-life country

A cutlure of life? not at all. I mean how much more disturbing can you get? Relishing in the death of a human being? Really, that is nothing short of disgusting.

gotta love it :thumbsup:

EDIT: maybe its disgusting of me to ruffle the feathers of the uber liberals. :)

dont take everything i say too seriously.

Uber liberal? Maybe decent human being would fit better

Whether you mean it or not, Ive heard that at least seven times today. The fact of the matter is that many Americans, too many, really do think that and would happily watch a man being killed.

no matter how we work the judicial system... and refine the death penalty or abolish it... there will ALWAYS be innocents put to death, loopholes... etc etc that make it 'unfair' so either way...

this is like a vegetarian at a slaughterhouse. no matter how hard you fight for them to stop killing the cows... there's always someone there willing to eat it.

so i guess... eat the vegetarian. lol

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Dec 13 2004, 05:27 PM
so i guess... eat the vegetarian. lol
[post=431644]Quoted post[/post]​

thats funny... ill explain later ;-)

some say life in prison is worse than the death penalty. there is a lot of evidence supporting that. wouldnt that make the death penality more humane?

Originally posted by Guy@Dec 13 2004, 04:37 PM
Uber liberal? Maybe decent human being would fit better

Whether you mean it or not, Ive heard that at least seven times today. The fact of the matter is that many Americans, too many, really do think that and would happily watch a man being killed.
[post=431630]Quoted post[/post]​

that may be because of the way they portrayed laci on the news. beautiful, loyal pregnant wife. the fact that the man had the balls to kill her a few weeks before her due date on xmas eve makes people sick.

Nothing is as simple as the news would like it to be. Besides that everybody in America had the guy convicted, in their minds, before he ever went to trial.

I havent been following the case but from what I read on courttv.com they convicted him off of purely circumstantial evidence. thats not right.

Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 14 2004, 12:05 AM
I havent been following the case but from what I read on courttv.com they convicted him off of purely circumstantial evidence. thats not right.
[post=431753]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah but as they said, Overwhelming substantial evidence. That little word makes a big difference

i don't know what the jury saw, all i saw was what the media threw at us. and the 'unbiased' reports on court tv. though i know the media skews things to their advantage... my huge question was:

why did he change his appearance, play golf at a high filootin resort with his father just before getting arrested? he had tickets ready to skip the country. WTF. sorry, but if i was innocent, i'd be fighting the media, not trying to run away.

A few comments from the cashew gallery:

If I were on the jury, yeah.. I could weigh evidence and make a sound decision of whether he did it or not.

Then, California asks the JURY to decide life or death? Whoa.. that's a big weight. Even if I were foaming at the mouth - His actions didn't affect me enough to hand down a death sentence. I simply feel I have no right or justification to have someone put down - And neither do you. It was outlandish of California to have the jury make their decision.

If he gets pushed to the front of the line, and gets killed instantly then California would have crossed a boundary that even TEXAS won't cross. In Texas there needs to be no reasonable doubt, and a certain amount of killings for people to get pushed to the front of the line. And Californians (AKA Democratic morons) constantly make jokes of Texans for their capital punishment - Inbetween power avacado lunches and whenever they're not stuffing their mouths with sprout-flavored flatbreads. (Rant summary: Californians are a lot like the French)

Another point: Why should justice move forward for this guy? Bernard Goetz was in deliberation for 6 years, OJ walked, and no one is EVEN LOOKING FOR Tupac's killer. We are going to jump down Scotty's throat because he's not as emotional as "he should be"? Wow. Hide Leonard Nimoy.

I have no doubts that he did it. None at all. From day one I had no doubts. But dammit, we should revisit OJ at least. What's good for the goose IS good for the gaggle.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 14 2004, 12:29 PM
A few comments from the cashew gallery:

I have no doubts that he did it. None at all. From day one I had no doubts. But dammit, we should revisit OJ at least. What's good for the goose IS good for the gaggle.

-> Steve
[post=431968]Quoted post[/post]​

If they could, the LAPD and the DA's office would love to nail OJ. Unfortunately, they seemed to have hit a dead end on that case. And I don't think that it was for lack of trying either. Any good suggestions for them though? At least the Black Dahlia's case seems to have been resolved decades later. As to Tupac's killers.... sometimes the bad guys just get away. Sometimes is due to a lack of evidence and other times, it's due to a lack of cooperation amongst those who could help the police, but don't want to get involved. Police departments can only do so much. Man hours on a difficult case can cost big in terms of money and time resources. They have finite budgets. They have the needs of the rest of the populace to consider too. Tough choices have to be made. *shrug*

Back