1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PG7 ecu in 88 hb

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by xxk0ssxx, Dec 28, 2002.

1. xxk0ssxx

xxk0ssxx Junior Member

i am doin a mini me swap and i have everything pretty much done and wired (ecu harness,injectors,resistor,sensors) and i read that i could swap in a crx si or 88' 89' teg ecu, so i got the PG7 (88'89' teg) ecu and i was wonderin if anybody heard of this bad or good. i know its goin to be running a little rich. how should i tune it (cam gear, fuel pressure regulator,etc...) its a Z6 head in an 88 civic hb. any input would help thanx.

2. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

You should run a P28.

3. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Just wire it up for the p28 which is the ecu for the z6. I used the pg7 on my z6 swap and it ran like shit.

4. xxk0ssxx

xxk0ssxx Junior Member

i haven't been able to find anything on how to wire it for the p28 besides cutting all the connectors and re-wiring the p28 connectors and even then i can't find a p28 with the connectors, also i was goin by a website 4thgenerationcivic.com and i followed that and my wires are all hooked up to run a pg7. is there n e thing i can do to make it not run like shit besides the p28 if i can i would go with that. also is 11:1 bad on my motor, i know if i turbo it i can blow the shit outta it but how about for daily driven occasional racing? thanks

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

6. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

If you are planning on going trubo, then get a zdyne one wire conversion. Its like the Hondata but for non obd ecus. Also you can buy a harness from lelopez on www.honda-tech.com so you don't have to reiwre the ecu plugs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted