Pics of my greddy 15g kit install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
hey, i was just cleaning out my digital camera and found a few pics i took a few weeks
back when i did my greddy 15g install onto my 96 coupe, the guy in one of the photos
is my neighbor and since he doesnt know an allan wrench from tim allen, his job was to provide the weed and comic relief
when shit kept on going wrong over and over and over and over again

fuck that weekend was a nightmare....

i honestly think i broke my all-time chain smoking record...
when i was tallying up my receipts for the entire project (2183.39)
i found that i smoked 4 packs of cigarettes on saturday which was the
second day of the install....

p.s. thanks again to Ray, a.k.a. Rsaeini for his help on the install !!!!
enjoy !!!

s3f0909077de3e.jpg

s3f090a33deb01.jpg

s3f090a63d3b87.jpg

s3f090ad1518b6.jpg

s3f090b09f148f.jpg

s3f090b421e0ba.jpg

s3f090b7253738.jpg

s3f090bb388618.jpg

s3f090be6839cb.jpg

Looks good. I like the car. Those GSR wheels looks really nice on it, fo sho.

How many miles did the engine have on it? Those main caps looks pretty stained.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jul 7 2003, 01:10 AM
Looks good. I like the car. Those GSR wheels looks really nice on it, fo sho.

How many miles did the engine have on it? Those main caps looks pretty stained.

ya, the dickwad i bought them off of (in the Recycler....local "anything sells newpaper out here in cali) said there were no scratches on them...

so i went down like a dumbass at 10pm when it was dark as fuck out and i thought they looked ok. so i picked them up and the next day i noticed all the scratches on them....

engine had exactly 100,003 miles on it when i installed it. and it runs real strong, and runs colder than when i just had my cai on it.

How much boost you running, man I did not know Greddy uses mitsu turbos with there kits, looks good though.

oh and tony, glad you got that shit figured out (the stuff you were gonna call me on).. sorry about that, i was seriously as clueless as you..

stock boost is factory set @ 5.5 psi. im running no ic and the temp guage runs nice and cold :)

i just found this pic too.....wtf is going on in here? i noticed oil all over the c.v. boot when i was under the car....

s3f0910b22626e.jpg

hmm, that might be the grease in the boot, meaning it will need to be replaced.. some axles allow just the boot to be replaced, some require the whole thing.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 7 2003, 01:20 AM
oh and tony, glad you got that shit figured out (the stuff you were gonna call me on).. sorry about that, i was seriously as clueless as you..

ya These guys
were a MAJOR help. had it not been for them i dont think i would have undertaken the project myself.

That oil/grease on your wheels and hub is from the CV joint. I had mine rebuilt, $25 later, good as new. They said it jsut needed the boot to be reseated, and regreased the joint. If it's not clicking yet, don't drive on it much. Pull the axle, take it to a CV joint shop, and they can fix it in like 20 minutes.

looks good dude.... but PLEASE tell me you didn't work on the car the whole day, supported only by the jack! I don't see any jack stands. thats a bad way to die, having a car fall on you....

"place car on jackstands"

the most repeated line in the helms manual :)

pretty nice install...

i hope you have an upgraded clutch in it though...turbos eat up clutches

if you are gonna keep it at stock boost level, i wouldnt bother with an intercooler, when i had my greddy kit and when i got the intercooler, i couldnt feel a difference at all...but i assume that youre going to turn the boost up u should get the greddy intercooler kit :)

Originally posted by SolReaver@Jul 7 2003, 05:50 AM
when i had my greddy kit and when i got the intercooler, i couldnt feel a difference at all...but i assume that youre going to turn the boost up u should get the greddy intercooler kit :)

interesting....

in your opinion....at what boost level should i get the ic? i wont turn up the boost untill i get at least some shape or form of an intercooler....be it aftermarket or off of a production junkyard car.

and to all the guys who are saying shit about jackstands....

you see the blue mustang in the background? i didnt have any jackstands and the two jackstands i needed were sitting on my neighbors mustang....

so i had to work with the jack for the first day, then they finished doing the exhaust on the mustang and lent me the jacks...

ya i was kinda worried that shit might fall, but i placed the stock honda jack under the support in case it did fail...

nice. I'd reccomend an EGT gague, like a used FMIC, and a hondata unit. Kind of a pretty penny, but once you save up and do it right, you won't regret spending the money I don't think.

I like it already though :thumbsup:

and the only real way to tell when you should get an IC is to have an EGT gague or just listen for ping... if your pinging, things are too hot. Or if your egt is pushing like 800-1000, your too hot probably.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 7 2003, 12:28 PM
nice. I'd reccomend an EGT gague, like a used FMIC, and a hondata unit. Kind of a pretty penny, but once you save up and do it right, you won't regret spending the money I don't think.

I like it already though :thumbsup:

and the only real way to tell when you should get an IC is to have an EGT gague or just listen for ping... if your pinging, things are too hot. Or if your egt is pushing like 800-1000, your too hot probably.

ya im going junkyard FMIC all the way... i THINK a fmic off of a 96? boosted supra would fit just right.

im seriously considering doing "the hack" over hondata.

im only getting 175 miles to the tank and the blue box gotsta go.

wonder if my gas mileage will get any better with the afc hack?

and the car is a blast to drive. first, second and third gear the car pulls fucking HARD and while the 5.0's and Z-28's (stock) may get me in the top end (for now) i can seriously scare the shit out of them up untill fourth. enough to where a few of them have backed down after i just hit the top of third....

nice pics Tony.
the only thing I wanna know is, where am i in all those pics? j/p

we had a lot of help on the install. it was pretty fun. i told you that you've gotten the boost bug in me now, right?
i'm so tempted to try to boost my B16 now.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Jul 7 2003, 05:25 PM
nice pics Tony.
the only thing I wanna know is, where am i in all those pics? j/p

we had a lot of help on the install. it was pretty fun. i told you that you've gotten the boost bug in me now, right?
i'm so tempted to try to boost my B16 now.

haha, i knew it. you should at least get a greddy kit to cut ur teeth on boosting till u feel more comfortable goin t3 or whatever...

to me, the greddy kits are like a "turbo saftey net"
yes you CAN fuck your car up....but it would take a complete idiot
to blow their engine on the greddy kit.

who knows? u might like it so much, youll sell it and go custom turbo.

and look at it this way bro, how many people in our area are boosted?

i have seen one boosted eclipse (no hondas) in the past 1 1/2 years or so....

Back