Pics of my RX4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Google doesn't show them anywhere...

They make RS-01D's...but not in a 17"....your only limited to 14" and 15"

And they are for Rally...as in gravel, mud, and sand. ....not snow or ice... their rubber under 40 degree's loose all traction... remember the Azenis ST-215's....and cold asphalt?

Falken Tire Rally Liquidation Sale

My friend in Finland runs RD01s. RS01D may be a dirt (D) tire offered for stateside sale.

steve, do you have any threads or pictures of project cars from start/finish or before/after?

yeah, his CRX has always been pretty finished :)

love it. love it. just wish i could have kept it.

you guys should just run advans. all you need to know is the designation number, and hard or soft.

on another note, i bought a set of TOYO PROXES 4 for the DD wheels. no complaints yet. 195/50r15

or a link if you know where the thread is.

I'm into more than Hondas, and my honda projects are just a drop in the bucket of the things I'm into.

Also, the point of the RX is to keep it snow or shit weather ready at all times of the year. Even summer. that's why I was going with the deep blocks on a medium rubber. Like I said, my friend in Finland has a Corolla that's pretty always in one way or the other, equipped with snow and dirt tires.

To date, some of the best tires I've ever owned were Gislaved.

Project Sorceror (Based on the 70s movie of that same name) is to create a vehicle that can "go absolutely anywhere, at anytime, for any reason - no questions asked".

My Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4, lifted on 31's fits the bill nicely. Room for the family+cargo, I can tow, switch between a few different drive modes (2wd, part time 4wd, full time 4wd, and 4 low) I drove it to new mexico this weekend and it cruised very nicely. When we got there, we dumped the kiddos off and went off roading, mudding, and did some wheeling. Got some nice pics, too.. I'll post a couple when I get 'em off of the camera.

Anyway, it went from comfortable highway cruiser to crawler, to mudder, back to cruiser, without leaving the driver's seat. Rides great on ice, sand, rock, roads.. Has ice cold A/C and power everyfrickinthing. The only down side is crappy gas mileage.. I babied the crap out of it during the highway miles to save fuel, and was able to pull 20mpg out of it.. Which is excelent for a 4x4 jeep on 31's.

My dad had a jeep like this. He took it to 130k miles and the problems became too numerous to fix. He got rid of it in favor of a Wrangler and hates the wrangler.

But yeah, agree - his 95 Cherokee sport did everything. But it also overheated in traffic, ate transmissions, and required a detroit locker to take the middle level Jeep Jamboree trails.

ARGH just got done finishing the heads and block up. The block looked like shit, and I was getting ready to re-sleeve it.

Good thing I didn't. I pressure leaked the heads and was worried that I was making a mistake... No mistake. The heads are both cracked. The block cooling jacket is also cracked (not leaking, but will start leaking). Engine is shot.

was going to have "Them" repair it for $500, but this isn't a beater car. I need a new engine.

That and the turbo is charred and for some fucked up reason, one of the headbolts is charred too.

And I got to clearing out the vacuum system and found rust powder. Blech.

So god knows what the hell I'm doing now. I guess I'll wheel and deal myself a new engine, and hopefully before the roads freeze up. Ninja's don't like ice.

Back