pin outs for a 90 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do you mean from the valve to the manifold?

I completely cut out the solenoid and black box before.

I recently added all that back in and wired it. I feel better low end with the black box and solenoid active. Top end isn't noticeably different. Low end is important in my automatic, since I can't work the clutch for a good launch, and have longer gears.

I have an automatic too and i tried doing what you said and it works pretty well. I compared it to my 92 prelude that has the same motor and noticed little difference. Advancing the timing seems to make up for the low end torque. Maybe down the road if i come across one i'll stick it in. Thanks for the advice. Also Tab did you use your original ecu cover and just drill different holes for the ecu and tranny ecu or did you eliminate the cover all together. I'm having alittle bit off a tough time squeezing them in there since there bigger and the space is tight.

Originally posted by sniezek66@Mar 26 2005, 04:52 PM
I have an automatic too and i tried doing what you said and it works pretty well. I compared it to my 92 prelude that has the same motor and noticed little difference. Advancing the timing seems to make up for the low end torque. Maybe down the road if i come across one i'll stick it in. Thanks for the advice. Also Tab did you use your original ecu cover and just drill different holes for the ecu and tranny ecu or did you eliminate the cover all together. I'm having alittle bit off a tough time squeezing them in there since there bigger and the space is tight.
[post=479038]Quoted post[/post]​

I eliminated the cover. Mine didn't fit for shit either.

I just laid the ECU and TCU side by side as if there was a cover there, and rolled the carpet back up. With the carpet in place, they don't move at all. Also, I have factory floor mats which add to the stiffness and protection. You could use velcro, elastic, modify an ECU cover, or just use a litte spacer and bolt them to the floor. I'm satisfied with mine "loose".

Back