pin outs for a 90 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniezek66

Yes this message is for TAB. Last time TAB i sent a message for some wiring help with my 92 honda prelude. You came throught with telling me which pins i needed to tap into at the ecu wiring harness and and also included some pics which was very very helpful and i thank u. Now i need some help with wirng up my 90 honda accord. I put an h22a in and i need to know which wires i have to run and which pins i have to tap into at the ecu. Thank TAB or anyone else who can help

kurtis

First, help us, then I'll help you........

Does the 90 Accord have three plugs going to the ECU? This has been a big debate.

If you have three plugs, then I can do wonders for you right now. I just wired up my VTEC in my new car over the weekend, and took a bunch of pictures.

If you have two plugs(OBD 0), then I'll scan whatever ECU wiring diagram I can find.

Let us know, and I'll get back to you tomorrow evening sometime.

I knew it.

Could you please post a pic of the plugs on the inside of your car, and list the information(IE, 91 Accord LX, etc.)?

OK, as promised, I can definitely help.

Here is a series of pictures, which has captions in my gallery.

H22A wiring at the ECU

Look this over and tell me what you think. I'll clarify anything you wish, and add or subtract what you think is necessary. I've wired VTEC three times now, and it's SOOOO easy after you've done it a few times. I know the first time is confusing, because you think you need to know everything. You don't. I wish the pictures were a little better, but they'll have to do.

Thanks TAB i will get ont he picture probably tomorrow for ya. Yeah this is my third one too and it just makes it so easier when i can get the pics from someone instead of tracing wiring diagrams out on mitchel on demand. I do that crap all day long and i just like it when things are easy for once. And you make that happen and thanks alot.

hey TAB it still will not let me view the pics on the hondaswap website. Can you please just send a brief description of what needs to be done with each of the pictures. Also from what i understand i only have to run 4 wires to the ecu correct? Knock sensor, Vtec solenoid, Vtec oil pressure switch, and IAB right??

he he he, k.

It's pretty simple. Four wires, 1 ground, one keyed constant. The hardest part is trying to ignore the irrelevant information. Piece of cake.

Yeah i will get the picture to you tomorrow TAB, i have to load it up. I wanted to ask you a quick question though. When my engine arrived the IAB was broken. I did not wire it up and eliminate dit completely. The car runs fine and the vtec is working as well. It also did not set a check engine light. So how necassary is it to have this hooked up. Will it affect anything major down the road. Let me know. The wiring was a piece a cake just as i figured.

thanks
kurtis

The IAB won't throw a check engine light. I do have experience with this, since my IAB also came broken. I did the vacuum hose trick, bypassing the black box. This essentially opens up the iAB butterflies early. The IAB was meant to give you a little more low end torque. I replaced my black box, and wired it up correctly. On my EX, the chassis wiring was already there, so it was no problem.
There is a noticeable difference in the low end. It feels a little stronger.

Honda is smarter than me, so I believe it should be there. The type S is the exception, but they sacrificed low end to get more top end in that engine.

You go in through MY CONTROLS to load a picture. You create a gallery, and then add pictures and edit them from there.

skip the black box to bypass it.

No wires, no solenoid, no black box. Vacuum line runs directly from the manifold to the IAB diaphragm valve.

ok great how well does it work in your opinion?? I sent the pics as well.

Worked just great for me. I kept the black box just for the solenoid, because I didn't know that it wouldn't throw a code if it wasn't hooked up. But I DID run a vacuum line directly from the solenoid to the manifold.

Back