1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piston vs. Pacers vs. fans

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by project, Nov 21, 2004.

1. project

project Junior Member

http://mediax.muchosucko.com/movies/512_vi...pacersbrawl.mov

Slow day at work again, so im trying to be productive. Compared to the footbol riots over in europe this is nothing more then a slap fight. imo, im starting to lose respect for the "professionalism" of sports in general. Watching things like this just make me think, "wow, sport sucks!"

any comments, opinion, insults?

2. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

lol i was watching the game when that happened

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

the detroit fans are fuckin pussies. they were throwin stuff then hiding. wth. if i were the dude that was about to be maced, i would grabbed the pepper spray from him, jump in the crowd, and spray away. weeee

4. allmotord16rex

allmotord16rex Senior Member

Ron Artest got suspended the whole season for that fight. Jermaine O'neal got 25 games and Stephen Jackson got 30. The Pacers are royally screwed considering these are their top 3 players. I dont agree with O'neal being suspended. He didn't go into the crowd and fight, he fought with someone who came onto the court. If someone comes at you on the court with fists up, wtf are you supposed to do? That is security's fault.

5. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

fuck that. lose control? If someone throws a beer in my face, I'll be perfectly in control when I head over there and fuck them up.

6. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

^^^^^ werd i would too

7. micah

micah Senior Member

that website is slow as shit

8. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

If you watch the tape you can see that the fan that came onto the court squared up w/ artest and artest dropped.... then o'neal came out of no where and hit him, so I think o'neal deserved what he got.

9. Guy

Guy Senior Member

Beyond a doubt, none of those players should have acted the way that they did. In no way can it be justified. It is the job of security to handle those thing, and for them to take matters into their own hands like that merits severe punishment. I wont deny that it is entirely inappropriate for fans to ever do anything like that, but when those atheletes responded with violence they crossed a line that should not ever have been violated. This issue will besmudge basketball for years to come and the league should wash itself of all players that ever resort to violence, especially against paying fans, without there being self defense issues.

10. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

The worst case of violence in American sports history deserves the absolutely harshest penalty in American sports history

this wasnt (comic book guy) the worst fight evar!!(comic book guy)

ive seen where fans start to fight with hockey players and it got much much worse

11. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

I think he was just generalizing, not referring to this individual fight.

I dunno, I could be wrong.

Anyways, this fight was lame, but i'm glad that they were harsh on the penalties to reassure that something this lame will not happen in a professional basketball game again.

12. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

that was routine purpose foul. wallace totally blew it out of proportion. No matter what happens in the game, fans should NOT ever get involved. i think the boston fans have lost their reign as the worst fans in sports. :p :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted