Place Racing Mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic_88ls

I bought my place racing motor mounts back in april of this year for my 88 civic hatchback. i put a 92 ls motor in it. THe motor is stock, not to powerful, and on my back motor mount, the weld broke between the mounting part and the actual mount circle part. I couldnt believe my eyes when i noticed it. I noticed that the shifter started moving way to much in between gears. I finally got my lazy ass down there and noticed that it was broken. I have never heard of this happening before, but i would be careful about what you buy, if it was me again, i would go with the hasport mounts. i wish i did.

I really hope that place racing can do something about this for me like replace the mount because this blows and im afraid of what can happen if i keep driving it...

Whoa man that sucks. I hate it when that happens but oh well, that's cool that they will be giving you a new one right after you send the faulty one in. Good company relations. :D

do you have any type of racing clutch? Mine engaged to ahrd and liked to tear apart mounts monthly.

place racing sucks. they just don't line up right

hasport makes way better mounts.

IMO they should send you one and let you send the busted one back. It just doesnt make sense for them to warranty a product and it will cause you down time. HASport all the way :) :worthy:

Yeah , now i wish i went with hasport. They told me i can send the busted one back and theyll send me a new one. BUt when i get my new motor in, im deffinetly buying hasport mounts. im tired of this crap. B)

the HAsport ones are badass
soilid aluminum... none of this "welded" bullshit to break on you

YEah, i need some of those. Iwas wondering if hasport of any other of these companys make mount kits without the polyurethane mounts so my car wont shake it self apart anymore.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 2 2003, 12:10 PM

haha you make it sound like welding is an atrocity.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 2 2003, 12:10 PM

i got some mounts that are very similar to the place racing mounts...my mounts could even be place racing...i got them brand new from a guy for $200...he said a shop makes them and he sells for them...if you ask me they are pretty damn good...motor sits in there real nice and straight...only problem is that the motor sits closer to the crossmember and i had to bang the lip on it in so i could fit a header in there...i have no room for turbo unless i get the drag manifold...but the drag one looks kinda gay...but it's all good...turbo is turbo right

my motor sits in there fine, but i did have to cut the mount bracket on the crossmember to make it fit in there. the tranny was resting on the bracket so i cut it. :ph34r:

Originally posted by one zexy crx@Apr 2 2003, 08:36 PM
how about hcp engineering? are their mounts any good?

I have no clue., i was wondering that myself. i havnt really heard anything about them.

Ok i just took out my mount today, and not only was the mount in 2 peices, the crossmember is cracked along the top where the mount bolts into. im pretty damn pissed. i emailed place racint to see what they can do about this. i doubt they will do nething at all but its worth a try. i will post pics soon. PLACE RACING BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chet had a great story that illustrated the "quality" of these mounts a while back. He was helping a friend install an H22 into a hatch.

I think your best bet is to buy some HASport mounts, get the Place Racing Warranteed and then sell them.

well i recently picked up a set of hcp engineering mounts i am installing them in a couple of weeks. i'll let everyone know of their quality.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 4 2003, 12:25 PM
Chet had a great story that illustrated the "quality" of these mounts a while back. He was helping a friend install an H22 into a hatch.

I think your best bet is to buy some HASport mounts, get the Place Racing Warranteed and then sell them.

I think thats what im gonna do..!! i just have to get 450 dollars. Does anyone know, if i get the hasport kit will my place racing shift linkage work with the hasport mount kit???

Back