Please Help, Swap Frustrations!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Running925

Ok before i get a million people saying why the A1 & what not.. it was sitting in my garage & all forged from my old integra & setup for boost so i wanted to put it into my civic..

heres my mess of a problem, friend that was helping me died in a bad accident & i'm lost. My intelligence level of this is pretty strong so i'm hoping someone can give me some answers, My friend custom made a harness to connect my Civic Car Harness to the B18a1 computer & passed away right before completing it. I worked with it for a while & couldn't get it to work so i pulled all the wiring out & went & bought a fresh B18A1 engine harness & 90 Integra interior Car harness. I've put it all in & for some reason i'm not getting ANY Spark with the motor.

What on earth could be wrong?? I've been struggling with this for 8 months day in & day out & can't figure this out. I'm in way to deep to sell it all & back out now.. & i'm so close to being finished that stopping is not an option.

The MSD distributor apears to be connected perfectly along with my MSD coil. I've had the ICM tested & it works fine. the sensors seem to be pluged in fine. & the fues box was never disconnected from the harness so i know that it's right....

anyone.. please.. help me out with this.

& if anyone is local, i'd be more than willing to pay you to come out & take a look & see what you can do.

I'm here searching for an expert..

Tony
running925@hotmail.com

do you have the right computer? you'll need a comp out of an integra? like a P75 ECU. In addition, your coil could be malfuntioning, thus you're getting no spark. just my thoughts

I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM.
I CHANGED MY 96 SOHC MOTOR TO A 2000SI MOTOR WITH THE ORIGINAL 2000 HARNESS AND COMPUTER. THE MOTOR IS RUNNING PERFECT BUT THE SPEEDOMETER AND RPM GAGE DOESN'T WORK. IF U THINK U HAVE ANY INFO FOR ME , HOLLA BACK.
REPLY TO MCALIMENO@AOL.COM

THANKS, KIKO

Originally posted by Running925@Jul 30 2004, 11:53 AM
Ok before i get a million people saying why the A1 & what not.. it was sitting in my garage & all forged from my old integra & setup for boost so i wanted to put it into my civic..

heres my mess of a problem, friend that was helping me died in a bad accident & i'm lost. My intelligence level of this is pretty strong so i'm hoping someone can give me some answers, My friend custom made a harness to connect my Civic Car Harness to the B18a1 computer & passed away right before completing it. I worked with it for a while & couldn't get it to work so i pulled all the wiring out & went & bought a fresh B18A1 engine harness & 90 Integra interior Car harness. I've put it all in & for some reason i'm not getting ANY Spark with the motor.

What on earth could be wrong?? I've been struggling with this for 8 months day in & day out & can't figure this out. I'm in way to deep to sell it all & back out now.. & i'm so close to being finished that stopping is not an option.

The MSD distributor apears to be connected perfectly along with my MSD coil. I've had the ICM tested & it works fine. the sensors seem to be pluged in fine. & the fues box was never disconnected from the harness so i know that it's right....

anyone.. please.. help me out with this.

& if anyone is local, i'd be more than willing to pay you to come out & take a look & see what you can do.

I'm here searching for an expert..

Tony
running925@hotmail.com
[post=370341]Quoted post[/post]​

i put a b18a in my 94 coupe. at first i was trying to find the right harness for the motor but then i decided to use my stock d15b7 harness it all works fine with the motor there are just a few wires you have to extend. and i used an obd1 p75 ls ecu. my motor runs great. you shouldnt have to convert your car to obd0 to run that motor just keep all the stock wiring and switch everything to obd1.

I'm still getting no spark.

I've got the B18a1 engine harness on it & i've put the car harness from the 90 integera into my car so that it should all work properly. Distributor is good / Ignition Control Module is good / coil is good / starter relay is good.

It cranks & cranks.. i just don't get any spark. (plugs & wires are good)

i'm using the computer out of the 90 integra as well.

what else is left?? i'm at a loss

since i have no idea what your friend did......

here's what i would have done. maybe you can trace it out this way.

i would have used the stock 95 civic wire harness, ran it to the LS motor, swapping the plugs for obd0 where necessary.

then, theres 2 options...
obd1->0 ecu conversion harness and the obd0 ecu plugged in

or, get a p75 obd1 b18b ecu, and swap the distributor and injectors to obd1 as well.

That said, if you ahve fuel, and spark- the 3rd component to a car starting is compression.
assuming the motor was good and had compression before you put it in the car, the last option to check is the timing.

goodness you fucked up buying all those harnesses

put your stock interior harness back in and your stock engine harness in, SHIT your stock ecu should probably run that fucking motor and please tell me you have a hydro tranny on the motor?
just do all that then get the obd1 ls ecu and you are set

p.s. god bless your freind

Originally posted by hammerdgolfer@Aug 10 2004, 05:20 AM
goodness you fucked up buying all those harnesses

put your stock interior harness back in and your stock engine harness in, SHIT your stock ecu should probably run that fucking motor and please tell me you have a hydro tranny on the motor?
just do all that then get the obd1 ls ecu and you are set

p.s. god bless your freind
[post=374695]Quoted post[/post]​

dude.. none of the plugs match up!

As of right now i've got Everything from the 90 integra in my 95 civic body. Engine / ecu / internal & external harnesses. I'm just not getting spark for some reason. i really don't understand why.

where your running into trouble is the fact that it's an OBD-0 motor, and you have an OBD-1 harness. You need the pinouts from both and match up the things that need to be matched, and add/move the things that are OBD-O specific.

You can't just plug in the OBD-0 harness and expect it to work, because the wires from the OBD-1 setup won't match up, does that make sense? All you gotta do is find out what the right pins are and attach the old wires to the correct obd-0 port, which might be difficult considering you may have already gotten them all mixed

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Aug 10 2004, 12:59 PM
where your running into trouble is the fact that it's an OBD-0 motor, and you have an OBD-1 harness. You need the pinouts from both and match up the things that need to be matched, and add/move the things that are OBD-O specific.

You can't just plug in the OBD-0 harness and expect it to work, because the wires from the OBD-1 setup won't match up, does that make sense? All you gotta do is find out what the right pins are and attach the old wires to the correct obd-0 port, which might be difficult considering you may have already gotten them all mixed
[post=374825]Quoted post[/post]​

please read this again. EVERYTHING is out of a 90 Integra. EVERYTHING. it all works in the 90 integra .. why wouldn't it work in a different body. the internal car harness from the 90 integra is in my civic body as well as the motor / ecu / engine harness.. when i say EVERYTHING was swaped .. i really mean EVERYTHING.

Back