Possible fuel filter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey hows it goin, I have an 89 DX hatch with the D15B2 turd in it. It has 211K + miles on it. Recently it seems like its bogging out on me. Whenever i start it, it seems like it wants to stall. I rev it up a little bit and it idles fine. Whenever i get on it in first gear it will go to 20 then like seem like it stops getting fuel at high RPMs. It does the same thing when i do it in 2nd. After 2nd it stops doing it though. And it only does it for the first 10 minutes of driving. After it warms up its fine. Now yesterday i was driving home from work and sitting at a red light and it stalled? just randomly. It has never done that before, but it started right back up just fine. If i let it sit there it keeps wanting to stall but it never does. My friend thinks it could be the fuel filter but im not sure,
Any help/info is greatly appreciated THANKS!

i'm gonna go with cat converter if it is stock, as what you describe sounds a lot like what my 89 Si did right before the catalyst asploded in mine and started blocking flow. second runner up sounds like maybe ignition module in distributor.

Dont have a cat, straight pipe after the header. Not sure about the ignition module tho. Thanks for ur help though lol

check the timing. could also be fouled plugs, clogged injectors, water in the fuel. lots of things.

o ok, we just changed the timing belt/water pump and everything was lined up right but ill have to check it out, i did the plugs like a month ago and the injectors could be. Does that injector cleaner really work?
Thanks for the help thought!

if you just changed the timing belt, i would get a timing light or take it to a shop and have them do it. thats what my guess would be.

Back