1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-OBD Swap Help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by HondaGuy, Jan 2, 2004.

1. HondaGuy

HondaGuy Member

I've got a 1990 Integra LS.... and I'd like to swap it into my 1990 CRX HF. What extras would I need to complete the swap? Or should I just get a B16? Which would be easier?

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

B16 would be a little harder because of the VTEC, but not a big deal - for either you need engine, transmission, ECU, mount kit, shift linkage, 90-93 integra axles and 88-91 Civic/CRX DX or Si knuckles/hubs - B16 would require a little wiring for VTEC

3. HondaGuy

HondaGuy Member

Here is my plan! I have a complete 1990 Acura Integra that is in bad shape. I wanted to take the motor out and since the head is warped I am going to get a B16a head to add VTEC. The tranny is in excellent condition both axles are brand new as far as knuckles not sure? Can I use the Integra ECU in the CRX and have VTEC wired to that! I have the whole Inetgra what else should I use the motor mounts will they work?

Thank You For all you help!

4. theB16tegguy

theB16tegguy Senior Member

You CAN use your ECU with a Vtec controller but I highly recommend you get an OBDO PR3 ECU from an 88-91 B16a. mounts are useless, and I really would not put that head on there. That's too much work for a motor that's bottom end should not be reved past 7000, unless it's got atleast shot-peened rods and a brand neww bottom end......... Basically what I'm saying is.... don't put the head on there. get a new LS head if your sure that it's warped. Just do the LS.

5. psychochicken

psychochicken Member

You must get a motor mount to do a "B" series swap into a 88-91 civic...

you should use the 90-93 acura integra NON ABS axles for the swap, you just remove the dust seal.. no big deal... use dx/si nuckles like said...

For the ECU use a PR4 from 90-91 LX acura integra if your not goint to use your vtec head...

You need to modify your shift linkage or get one from hasport or another...

Since your car is a MPFI already you wont have too many wires to add...

Use the cables from the acure for throttle/clutch...

Use the acure transmission...

6. HondaGuy

HondaGuy Member

Since I would basically need the same stuff for both motors. I'll just take the axles from the Teg and tranny and just buy a B16a for in the CRX and have pure VTEC. I heard the LS Tranny are good tranny's if I decide to go turbo with it.

Thank You For all you help!

7. ef_hatch

ef_hatch Member

use the knuckles,hubs and brakes from the integra for better braking! the added power will need better braking and you get bigger brakes with the integra :thumbsup:

8. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

If your Teg has rear disc brakes, swap them over also. If you want mounts, let me know. I have a friend that is manufacturing mounts that are almost identical to place racing for a fraction of the price.

9. BrahmaBullSQ

BrahmaBullSQ Senior Member

I think he's got disc brakes all around on the Integra. I also think you outta get a B16 to slap in the engine bay. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted