Pre-OBD Swap Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaGuy

I've got a 1990 Integra LS.... and I'd like to swap it into my 1990 CRX HF. What extras would I need to complete the swap? Or should I just get a B16? Which would be easier?

B16 would be a little harder because of the VTEC, but not a big deal - for either you need engine, transmission, ECU, mount kit, shift linkage, 90-93 integra axles and 88-91 Civic/CRX DX or Si knuckles/hubs - B16 would require a little wiring for VTEC

Here is my plan! I have a complete 1990 Acura Integra that is in bad shape. I wanted to take the motor out and since the head is warped I am going to get a B16a head to add VTEC. The tranny is in excellent condition both axles are brand new as far as knuckles not sure? Can I use the Integra ECU in the CRX and have VTEC wired to that! I have the whole Inetgra what else should I use the motor mounts will they work?

Thank You For all you help!

Originally posted by HondaGuy@Jan 3 2004, 12:06 AM
Here is my plan! I have a complete 1990 Acura Integra that is in bad shape. I wanted to take the motor out and since the head is warped I am going to get a B16a head to add VTEC. The tranny is in excellent condition both axles are brand new as far as knuckles not sure? Can I use the Integra ECU in the CRX and have VTEC wired to that! I have the whole Inetgra what else should I use the motor mounts will they work?

You CAN use your ECU with a Vtec controller but I highly recommend you get an OBDO PR3 ECU from an 88-91 B16a. mounts are useless, and I really would not put that head on there. That's too much work for a motor that's bottom end should not be reved past 7000, unless it's got atleast shot-peened rods and a brand neww bottom end......... Basically what I'm saying is.... don't put the head on there. get a new LS head if your sure that it's warped. Just do the LS.

You must get a motor mount to do a "B" series swap into a 88-91 civic...

you should use the 90-93 acura integra NON ABS axles for the swap, you just remove the dust seal.. no big deal... use dx/si nuckles like said...

For the ECU use a PR4 from 90-91 LX acura integra if your not goint to use your vtec head...

You need to modify your shift linkage or get one from hasport or another...

Since your car is a MPFI already you wont have too many wires to add...

Use the cables from the acure for throttle/clutch...

Use the acure transmission...

Since I would basically need the same stuff for both motors. I'll just take the axles from the Teg and tranny and just buy a B16a for in the CRX and have pure VTEC. I heard the LS Tranny are good tranny's if I decide to go turbo with it.

use the knuckles,hubs and brakes from the integra for better braking! the added power will need better braking and you get bigger brakes with the integra :thumbsup:

If your Teg has rear disc brakes, swap them over also. If you want mounts, let me know. I have a friend that is manufacturing mounts that are almost identical to place racing for a fraction of the price.

Back