prelude fuel pressure regulator install how?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoyalFelix

hey guys my first post here! i have been looking to put a performance fuel pressure regulator in my prelude h23a1 motor. the stock one goes mounted on the fuel rail. has a vacum hose and a fuel line hose. if i put a new one on there what do i do. i need info please, does the fuel line from the car go connected to the regulator then come out the regulator onto the stock fuel regulator mounted on the fuel rail? and what happens to the vacum hose only one of them can be connected to the intake manifold! just please help me. im planning to use one of those sold on ebay.
please any information any one has let me know PICTURES are greatly wanted! lol thanks for your attention

two bolts and a couple of hoses and you're done.. whats so hard about it? it just replaces the stock one

yup, thats all it is. Hell mine i had to buzz the stock one in half and install the adjustable spring. That looks to just be a full replacement. Nothing special there. Just make sure you get a fuel pressure gauge (hooks into your fuel filter) or else that mod is worthless. No point in just modding the fuel pressure if you dont know what its at.

argggg no guys...

on the stock one it has an O-RING on the fuel regulator it self it goes on there like flat on flat surface with 2 screws the other one doesnt. ill see if i can get a pic of what im talking about... but either way a fuel regulator works like this. ( correct me if im wrong. ) one vacum hose, one fuel line, and on the regulator itself has a hole that sends or gets gas idk. HENCE THE REGULATOR MOUNTED ON THE FUEL RAIL HAS A FLAT BOTTOM SURFACE THAT GOES TOGETHER WITH THE FLAT SURFACE OF THE FUEL RAIL. the performance one does not!

the picture

this is the oem fuel rail with the regulator on there. as you can see the regulator has 2 small screws that attaches it to the fuel rail. on the bottom of that regulator its flat. with a hole that has an O-RING which fuel passes by. so with that said, there is a vacum hose a fuel line on there and also that O-RING hose how do i get all 3 of them to work with a differnt regulator? i imagine it will have to be a specfic one. if anyone can help that would be great thanks.
|
|
V
cb7e_1.JPG

Back