Probably asked before...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kaioshou

4dr Sl33p3r
Ok, I'm semi-new to building a motor,
I got a D15b7 block
stock internals
t3/t4 turbo
chipped ecu, the rest of the info can be provided as requested.

I have been looking now for about two weeks and I can't find any rods and pistons for my motor, now I know almost all d series parts usually match up, but the one thing I don't know is will the d16 rods and pistons fit my d15b7 block. Another thing I need to know is what pistons are recommended for boosting, low compression vs. high compression cause the ones Im looking at now are wiseco pistons and eagle rods, but they are for d16, I need to know if they will fit my block and if so when I would need to do. I'm not trying to go extremely boost crazy, I just want to boost around 15-20psi 20 being the max but for everyday driving I'd say 10, I have the apexi boost controller, my uncle knows how to set it up. Pretty much to sum it all up, I need some good rods/pistons to keep my motor held together while boosting and I need to know whats gonna fit. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

~Reim

well i guess in terms of horsepower I think I am gonna try for the 250whp range, (if that's feasible with a d16 block) I'm not quite sure if it is or not. But I'm not building this block for racing, I'm building it because I doing a show car that also has the speed to back up the looks. I want to be able to get on the dyno and push out some horses. Eventually in time I might take it to the strip but until then, It will just be a daily driver/show car

Back