problem 1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok incase you don't know my orig. problem someone put antifreeze in my gas tank now that we got the fixed here is one out of three problems i have,

ok i had about four codes when i got my civic running i fixed them all but one, for some reason my code 41 will not go away. i pluged in two different o2 sensors one is brand spanking new i just took it out the honda factory bag and still got code 41 am i doing something wrong with it should i unplug the battery and rest the ecu over night or something i can't get it to get ride of code 41 (primary o2 sensor) let me know what to look at

now that the civic is running it was idling good the first night we got it running started it up today and it was idling a little funny and when i stepped on the gas it sounded like a v8 now remember

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 19 2005, 01:28 AM
i didn't rewire it all i did was plug in the stock 02 sensor into the stock wiring harness!
[post=488582]Quoted post[/post]​

i was told to install it with the car battery disconnected :huh:

well it is installed now and i took the battery out to charge on the battery tender so i will see what happens today when i start the car up

i dunno, this guy at my old job, used to work for honda from 78 to 92, and he said to d/c the battery when puttin it in, because the old sensor will be somethin somethin to the ecu.
i didnt listen much, it only took 5 minutes, and 3 minutes to put my radio stations back :angry:
Coincidentally, that o2 sensor fell out while i was driving. :lol:

I just got an aftermarket el cheapo sensor.

I'm about to start up the newly turboed hatch. :D

Maybe it's another wiring problem, trace the wiring all the way to the ecu, maybe there's a break or something

two things
one come take a look at my civic now that it is running and two i want to hear and see the eg start and run!!!

its so close.

i forgot that i traded my old civic battery for a new one for the prelude. And the prelude one is too big to fit.

I was fucking pissed last night 10 PM, got ready to start her up and the battery was garbage, charged..... garbage.

I'll get a new one today, and I'll try to remember to bring the digi.

I'll be out and about in strouds today too. If i get the shitvic running good I'll take it up there.

Back