problem 90 da

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fd3sdude

Well this happened about a week ago, i was driving when all of a sudden, my lights started to fade away, everything interior and exterior, and my car started to sputer, and finally it died, first thing that came to mind was alt., so i replaced this morning, and i started it up ran just fine, went and drove, got on a little, and when i was driving home, just cruising, like 2 blocks away from my house, i stop at a light, and is i start to take off, sputering again, well i make it to the entrance of the trailer cort, and boom, it dies, but down hill so i coast, try to crank but just starter click, then i put it in to gear to push start it and it lags for just a moment then starts right back up into my driveway.
So if any one could help me, if they have had a similar problem, that would be great.
Sorry for the run long sentence.
thanks.

yea id check the cables to make sure but if you have a local autozone or something like that they can check it for free and tell you if its bad or not, even if its new if it gets run all the way down sometimes they wont hold a charge again

take off you cap and check to see if there is a bunch of copper shavings. If there is then you need a new dizzy. I had the same problem with my DA.

-Eric

had similiar issue with a 88 teg. found out that the distributor had a direct short. also the burnt pices were a big clue.

Back