1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my car sale , need ideas and imput

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by inthefastlane, Jan 17, 2008.

1. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

heres my problem i have a 00 civic hatch with low miles and tons of mods . ive had adds up forever and havent got any decent offers or decent trades for that matter . i live in vt and either no body has money or they dont like tuners . but i could use some help from anybody to give me ideas how to get the most money out of this car . should i part out , sell whole ??? any other ideas

99 civic hatch
    56xxx miles
    clean title

Performance:
    b16 head out of a 2000 si (stripped the vavle cover , started to sand and polish)
    b20z block
    0bd jumper
    ls tranny
    ecu tuned with crome
    dc headers
    top fuel (whale dick) intake
    brand new cat
    catback with a resonator
    tanabe axle-back
    msd ignition
    short throw shifter

Exterior:
    fresh y-56 paint (pheonix yellow) except under hood and engine bay , not best paint job but not the worst
    ctr style headlights
    ctr front lip
    rear lip
    si grill
    oem foglights (in but need to be hooked up)

Interior:
    new ctr shift boot
    new carbon fiber shift knob
    custom red suede armrest door inserts and arm rest
    si cluster 46xxx
    only rust is around front window (very minimal)
    Suspension & wheels:
    brand new konig 15 x 6.5 heliums
    wrapped with band new warrior tires
    brand new dropzone struts and springs all around
    megan rear control arms
    painted calipers and drums

Audio:
    polk audio door speakers
    kenwood hatch speakers heres more info about the car

theres probley more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head . it isnt a show car but isnt a junk . does need a few minor things but nothing serious ( molding around front window , window falls off track sometimes . the engine bay could use some organization and clean up . other then that there isnt any problems . i was only asking 4500 , now what am i doing wrong ??? any help would be appreciated , try and keep it nice

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

no clue sounds like a great deal to me

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

yellow paint surely doesn't help... but the price seems fair i guess without seeing pics

4. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

crappy paint job, b20z bottom end stock, with a stock b16 head. If you did atleast a shortblock rebuild with higher compression pistons I would say its an awesome deal, but im sure you would have asked for more cash. Let's see some pics....

5. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

stock clutch too... ewwy ;x

6. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

you need to understand it could use more stuff (ex clutch) . although a clutch would be great , stock works but doesnt hold up that well at high rpms and quick shifts . its very quick as it is , but a clutch would kick ass. but its a tuner car and everyone it goes through , more gets done to it . im finished making mods . so what should i do to get this thing sold without puttig more money into it ?? people ask the price i am for a similar car with a stock motor . pics soon

7. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

heres a few pics

Attached Files:

8. JDMPlaya

JDMPlaya Senior Member

I'd pay 4500 for that

9. goldHB94

goldHB94 New Member

my buddy was tryin to sell his coupe for 5 mounths befor he got any action on it

10. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

wow. thats good deal for 4500. especially since the car is an EK.

its problaby you advertising. I would try to advertise in towns close to you as well.

I sold both of my Crx's to people from Tampa. They drove 5 hours to come get my cars. Try something similar. Good luck man. I wouldnt go down the price. Thats what one would pay at the dealer with stock engine. Stock b20/vtec or not its better than what it came with.

11. philyphreak2127

philyphreak2127 Back in the Game

man your asking less than I got my civic for. that car should have been sold months ago.

12. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

alright , this these replies are what i was hoping for . i started at 5,500 and just no serious buyers so i went down to 4500 . i thought 5 was a hell of a deal . i know some people dont care for the b20/vtec but this this hasnt gave me any problems , its my summer daily driver . after hearing youg guys say its a good deal , i might have to raise the price back up hahah

13. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

do it:D and yes a B20vtec is big deal. For some of us its a bonus to have the car and engine together. For that price i could put some ctr pistons and have a bad ass motor. Its much since we dont have to go hunting down a block,crank,head and all the other parts that slow the proces of building a good strong engine. If i were you i would strees the fact that the car has a b20 vtec. Possible go get some gsr cams or something to give a little more top end. other than just put the price at 5k and wait.

NO LIE i just put 2 car on craigslist and got serious buyers calling me within an hour.:eek: Thats good timing. Both are coming to look at the car tonight.:cool:

14. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I'd buy it if you were close to me and I was working.

Seriously, good deal.

15. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

well ya know where i am incase anyone wants it

16. philyphreak2127

philyphreak2127 Back in the Game

what you should do is raise the price back up to $5500 and throw some more parts into the car. just cheap work but stuff that will make the car more attractive to buyers. and anyone who talks down about the b20 vtec hasn't seen my buddy's hatch. that thing looks stock except his rims but with just the top end built he beats the hell out of just about any car with the balls to face him that isn't completely built. the next step for him is to buy some forged pistons and rods and throw his turbo kit on it. Seriously if I had the cash your car would be in my garage right now.

17. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Dude if you want to sell it then go up to the mall or a local highschool where all the teens are and ask around, show them what you got at the parking lot. Should be easy $5,000+. Make it sound 10 times better than it is. There's a guy around here who sold a stock '93 Integra Ls with some body damage and over 100k miles for $3500 to a kid at the mall.

18. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

well i dont really want to put anymore money into it . there isnt really many cheap mods let for me to do . i kind of want something new . before id sell it i need to take the teg rear seats out and get civic ones , which has been a pain to get ahold of . the kid i bought it from had those in it when i bought it . then i need a pair of front sets because ... i atempted to reupholster it and its not easy to do by hand . so instead of sewing the stock cloth back to gether i was just going to get all matching seats . yea and i cant ever find the high school kids or the rich kids . maybe its just Vt for ya

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  19. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

yeah, everything seems good to me. Show up at some gathering spots and pimp it up a bit.

20. inthefastlane

inthefastlane New Member

i understand but im not going to talk the car up to make it sounds 10 times better then it is . especially when they are coming for ma different state . iwould hate to get somewhere and find out a car isnt half as good as they were making it sound

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted