Project Civic has finally begun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

well without a motor and trans, I didn't know what the hell to do to the car this weekend so i stripped the rear interior B)

s404bea4588b9c.jpg

s404be8cd186c2.jpg

s404be8fa3a9a1.jpg

s404bea1530d59.jpg

ahhhh..memories....reminds me of my whip..

don't forget about the rear seatbelts, bumper supports, wiper assembly and locking piece :)

oh don't worry, those seat belts are going as soon as i figure out how the upper interior trim comes off- the wipe assembly is def. going and the bumper supports are LONG gone- is there anything else i'm forgetting JD?

you have to pull the seatbelt off the b-pillar first. those little plastic pieces are clipped on, and under them is a big fuckin nut.

you should dynamat and foam the quarterpanels. B) thats wat i did. car was sooo quiet.

ic ic- that's how i thought the seat belt came off like that, but i was afraid to break it, since i'm really not sure when I'm gonna be putting in the racing seats and harnesses-

the triangle plastic comes off wicked easy. just take a small standard screwdriver and pry them at the top.

got any eg stripping questions, lemme know. :D im pretty sure i have pics somewhere of my nearly finished dynamat/foam job before i rolled the fucker.

i think the whole dynamat and foam deal would kinda defeat the whole purpose of what hes trying to do....its only gonna add weight where he is trying to loose all possible

Originally posted by driver1@Mar 8 2004, 10:43 PM
i think the whole dynamat and foam deal would kinda defeat the whole purpose of what hes trying to do....its only gonna add weight where he is trying to loose all possible

not true. hes reducing weight, yes...

but i dynamatted 7/8 of my car and added only 32 pounds, and im sure the foam didnt add hardly any more.

my car was a quiet as a lexus, and as soundproof as a studio. :D

eh i dunno chris, I'd like to make my car quiet, but i really just wanna go fast- I think the only treatment the back of the car will be getting is some black spray paint

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Mar 9 2004, 12:13 AM-->
@Mar 8 2004, 10:43 PM

not true. hes reducing weight, yes...

but i dynamatted 7/8 of my car and added only 32 pounds, and im sure the foam didnt add hardly any more.

my car was a quiet as a lexus, and as soundproof as a studio. :D

ok if your adding weight then your adding weight. no point in reducing the weight of the car only to add more to keep it quiet, theres just no point in that. obvilously if he is stripping out all that shit he isnt worried about noise.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 9 2004, 12:29 AM
eh i dunno chris, I'd like to make my car quiet, but i really just wanna go fast- I think the only treatment the back of the car will be getting is some black spray paint

there is a rhino liner stuff at walmart... i used it in my mirage trunkspace instead of dynamat... im trying to keep it under a ton with the subs in and full interior. :lol:

hehe that's funny as hell dude- you've really never seen snow? oh btw, here's an update on the project as of today

s404e98adecd3f.jpg

shipping within 3 days.......:thumbsup:

well i've seen snow no more then twice; the latest being about 6 years ago.

project's lookin badass though!!!

Back