Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by TurboMirage, Feb 16, 2017.
Meh...that'll buff right out.
But seriously...Sephia 1.8 swap?
yes.. spectra 1.8 swap its pretty much the same thing with more displacement. im going to clean up the wiring harness and grossness in the bay for the next few days. then i'll have the block out (lol... maybe)
I’ve barely done anything. We’ve been painting walls in the house.
I got half the harness cleaned and labeled, some of the extra crap removed and cleaned up from the engine bay. I spend a few minutes on it here and there.
Making more progress than dilbeck since 2016, I have everything labeled on the car that I’ve disconnected, or need out of the way. I loosened a bunch of bolts but I need to drain the oil out of the engine
the thumbnails are correct however the photos are not when you click on them @Briansol can you fix that?
last night danny came over, and handed me tools while i was under the car. drained the oil and trans, removed all the extra bolts attaching them together including the rear trans mount. not much left to go.
Catching up on this build.
Man, you really know how to destroy a motor.
So did the T-belt let loose then? Lucky you were so close to home. That is some catastrophic failure.
the belt was intact! still unsure what happened. must have jumped a tooth or injested something
Sad but true seat sniffer
injested something? like nitrous?
I lost a T-belt on a 90 civic hatch back in the day at the top of a long hill. Single cam non-vtec interference motor.
I felt the loss of power and thought spark had died or something so I kept putting the car back in gear as I went down the hill attempting to "pop-start" it back to life.
I got incredibly lucky and only tweaked a couple of valves. I put a new belt on it and it fired up. Smoked a tad more due to the valve seals letting more oil pass, but it ran so I was happy.
No idea. All the intake tract was was intact from resonator to filter to throttlebody.
I just read through the whole back catalog of posts, this is a pretty awesome little project.
thanks! i can't wait to get cleaning the engine bay up.
These are much cleaner now.
Check out my rack! lol. Installed the new mounts and new trans swaps. Going to be atleast a week before I get the rack D brackets so I will degrease everything one more time before I put the corssmember back up. You can see he nasty the crossmember was before I scrubbed it up, in the bottom most photo.
Member in. Just need the clutch release bearing then it’s time to get the motor.
Separate names with a comma.