Project: Initial B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh, I was trying to be nice, but I might as well throw in my opionion as well.

b16b, expensive garbage engine. I would never buy one, for the price of that motor I could have a much much faster hatch with an LS turbo or even just a plain old GSR would castrate the thing.

JRSC, :thumbsdown: the thing is garbage, that's why 97% of the people who know there shit don't buy them. If you're looking into SC's get a centrifugal one.

My opinion, sell me the hatch for 400, then buy yourself a GSR for like 5-6k do the normal bolt on's and be happy with it, if you're not you still have a great platform to work with.

Originally posted by swanny+Jan 3 2005, 06:05 PM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Jan 3 2005, 06:58 PM
i vote lying piece of shit  :D
[post=440636]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:
Hence why I had "i hate the new post whores" in my sig since his first post.
[post=440639]Quoted post[/post]​

Check out my "member title" as well, been there for a few months.

[Quaqmire] All right! [/Quagmire]

Originally posted by Havok@Jan 3 2005, 04:55 PM
lol....I'm at work, so I can't be as mean as I would like.

Dammit.

Everyone give the kid a chance....

Kid, post screenshots of your order confirmations.
Otherwise, :bs:

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Jan 3 2005, 01:00 PM
So anyways... someone jacked my Civic. The bank gave me 8,000 bucks. Here we go...

I bought a 93 hatch, empty under the hood for 350 bucks.
Just recently got done ordering everything I could:
-B16B
-AEM intake and fuel system
-Skunk2 Valvetrain stuff
-Jackson Racing Supercharger
-DC 4-1 Header to a Greddy muff

As it stands, I'm not sure if I want to change out the suspension because it already has brand new no-name stuff.

To be continued...
[post=440546]Quoted post[/post]​

There are WAY better ways to spend money under the hood of a Honda. GSR + I/H/E = More power than you will ever need in a daily driver. And if someone's gonna jack your shit all the time, then why would you want to throw all your money into it? Bank some of that shit.

if you did come across 8 grand, which sounds unlikely, and you had your shit stolen already, but a stock car...but a nice one. for 9 grand you can have one hell of a down payment on a later model 330

Hatch: $350
B16B from Hmotors: $3850
JRSC from MMRUSA: $2595

AEM Intake: $183.10
AEM Fuel Rail: $144.16
AEM FPR: $181.78
AEM Fuel Filter: $115
Skunk2 Valvesprings: $281.32
Skunk2 Retainers: $160
Skunk2 Valves: $360
DC 4-1 Header: $304.67
Greddy Evo (cheapest Greddy cat-back, since Greddy doesn't make just a muffler): $534.65
All from InlineFour

Total: $9059.65

And that's excluding any shipping....

Nice $8k insurance check, cuntbag.

Last time he posted here he was still unemployed. Car payments and unemployment don't mix well. I still say it would be smart to spend only a portion of it.

And whatabout mounts, axles, etc? Last time I checked, B16B = NOT OBD1...therefore different mounts than an EG...

Originally posted by Havok@Jan 3 2005, 06:00 PM
I'd spend the 8k on a down payment for a EVO.
[post=440722]Quoted post[/post]​

fixed it for ya, might as well spend on something worth a damn ;)

Mike the Flamer, you asshole.

Sti > Evo

Fuck you and your big, gay-ass brother watching my shit.

:)

Originally posted by swanny@Jan 3 2005, 04:12 PM
Here's a tip. Take the 8k, blow cali a kiss and get the fuck out of there. Whats the point of building another car when it'll be stolen a week later?
[post=440592]Quoted post[/post]​

YES

Anyway, You're doing the torque, say-no-to-VTEC option, but with a B16B? Why not go a step into the bush with a crower stroked B18B to 2.0, Jackson racing, underdrive and head shave ?

-> Steve

And yes, avoid no-name suspensions.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jan 3 2005, 11:11 PM
Why not go a step into the bush with a crower stroked B18B to 2.0, Jackson racing, underdrive and head shave ?

Mostly because he didn't actually get shit.

Originally posted by B16+Jan 3 2005, 04:18 PM-->
you should have bought my skunk2 valvetrain.  its unopend sitting in my garage waiting to be bought :(
[post=440593]Quoted post[/post]​

[ernest] reaaa-aaa-aaa-aaaallllly [/ernest]

what all do you have?

oh and

Originally posted by B16@Jan 3 2005, 11:46 PM
Havok
@Jan 3 2005, 06:42 PM
Sti > Evo
[post=440746]Quoted post[/post]​

you have much to learn young grasshoppa
[post=440805]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Alright, to anyone arguing the STi vs Evo thing, shut the fuck up. There is no tangible reason you should pick one over the other. Go test drive them. One after another. And do it again. And again. And when you get out of the Evo, you're going to want the Evo. Even if you just drove the STi. And when you step out of the STi, you're going to want the STi, even if you just drove the Evo. It's impossible to choose. Unless you really want a red car. Then you get the Evo.

I break it down like this:

The Evo vs STi decision hedges not on which car is better in real life or on paper, but on what kind of person the purchaser/driver is. You can link these personalities to the way men view women. They either like the girl that most guys would find kind of ugly, you know, the "would be cute if..." thing. And she has a great personality and is a great conversationalist and thinker. Or, conversely, they like the gorgeous bimbo who fucks like a minx. The Evo and STi, respectively.

Seriously, you can't argue about one or the other. It would be just like those guys who constantly yammer on about how wonderful a person their buckled-ass girlfriend is and how precise she is with her linguistic and mathematic abilities and how they really "connect" and relate to one another. Or those dickheads who always rub it in your face that their girlfriend is hotter and fucks better and accelerates faster and brakes in a shorter distance and- oh, wait... looks better naked and has a user-controllable active-center-differential.

Me? I like the bimbo. :)

P.S.: I didn't threadjack. This thread sucks enough already.

This topic has gone off topic. If you wish to continue the original topic, please start a new thread. This topic has been closed.

:locked:

Thank you, the moderating team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back