project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^- Well theres the bad news, but I do have some good news....

I just saved hundreds of dollars on car insurance by switching to Geiko. :D

Originally posted by unsivil_audio@Nov 12 2003, 12:22 PM
^- Well theres the bad news, but I do have some good news....

I just saved hundreds of dollars on car insurance by switching to Geiko. :D

I got a laugh out of that. :)

s3eac46c17ef4e.jpg

day 14

despite all the shit going on at home, the parents were gone somewhere today, so i tried to squeeze in some work....

ran the oil feed line:

DSC00609.JPG

DSC00610.JPG

DSC00611.JPG

built the return.... it's too long though... need to cut some of it out later. i need to score some mounting bolts for this too.... not sure what size it is.

DSC00612.JPG

DSC00613.JPG

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

the gasket-

DSC00616.JPG

the old.... thanks to GE's sandwich adapter, i'm not going to be using any of these....

DSC00617.JPG

and well, since everyone asked, "does the hood close"

the answer.

nope :(

DSC00618.JPG

i can't even see what or where its hitting, but it won't close... and i think i fucked up the latch somehow... the lever doesn't have any tension on it. fuckin a.

DSC00619.JPG

went under the car and got the gator axels in on the intermediate shaft

DSC00620.JPG

DSC00621.JPG

lower radiator hose is connected...

DSC00622.JPG

the fan, barely fits....

DSC00623.JPG

underside shot of the turbo. its amazing how oxidized it got already...

DSC00624.JPG

underside shot of the compressor side

DSC00625.JPG

DSC00626.JPG

the gator box came with this weird REAL (it feels anyway) alligator's foot....

DSC00627.JPG

then, i did a bunch of cleaning and sweeping.... trying to keep my parents off my case at least a little more... broke down some boxes, swept the floor, and such.

ohh well, the car still is no where near running.... and i need to be out by the first of dec i think... :-/

Some more misc pics of the dist and fuel rail

DSC00665.JPG

DSC00666.JPG

DSC00667.JPG

DSC00668.JPG

DSC00669.JPG

blew an o-ring :(

DSC00670.JPG

DSC00671.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
gator = Gator Stage 2 Axles.
gator box = the box the axles came in

they are the green things you see above. rated at 400whp on slicks... should hold up fine for me.

filter is staying there.

supply is run from a sandwhich adapter which goes to the back of the block and screws over the oil filter mounting point... kinda in between...

strpr_vtec.jpg

the filter would then screw into that.

i'll try to take a pic of it some other time

the feed line comes off one of the 2 ports. the other goes to my pressure gauge.

return goes back into the pan fromt he underside-- and that is the bigger piece which hasn't been run yet, as i need bolts to mount it

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 12 2003, 11:20 PM
gator = Gator Stage 2 Axles.
gator box = the box the axles came in

they are the green things you see above. rated at 400whp on slicks... shoudl hol dup fine for me.

sorry i knew that. i shouldve tried to think before posting. :doh:
page 26 :owned: :ph34r:

I already installed my GE adapter a few months ago... Had some space issues on the back with the intermediate shaft and the sender for my GReddy oil pressure gauge... Any issues with yours, B?

B- check the sport compact car with the RB25 into 240 swap

they stuck clay on any spot they thought might not clear and closed the hood to see where it didnt clear and cut the bracing out from those spots.

B- check the sport compact car with the RB25 into 240 swap
they stuck clay on any spot they thought might not clear and closed the hood to see where it didnt clear and cut the bracing out from those spots.

Yea, I did that when I got into a wreck and It opened but never closed, found what was bent and off it went :)

We did this on my brother's old car a while back.

We sprayed this foam stuff, like carpet cleaner on all the major braces on the underside of the hood that could be maybe touching, like a good amount, and when you shut it, it leaves behind a big amount of foam on where it hit alone if you sprayed it correctly.

It worked in our case, and not messy at all, actually cleaned where we sprayed.

Back