PROJECT: The Golden Monster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PS. I'm currently porting my exhaust manifold because the inside of it is so badly manufactured and needs to be smoothened out. Then I will move onto installing my two kill switches and my old viper alarm is crapping out so I bought a new Viper-5900 alarm with remote start. That's my update for today, I'll take some pictures of the manifold's guts after I port it so I can do a before/after picture deal. Later.

See, that's my point. Is it really worth buying cheap stuff if the quality is that bad? If the manifold is so shoddily designed that you have to port it just to make sure it works halfway decent why not just buy a better part to start with? How do you know the welds aren't crappy as well and that the thing isn't going to crack and blow when you put it on your engine and start using it?

Oh well, your car, your money... :shrug2:

Oh well, your car, your money... :shrug2:

Well said. I completely understand where you are coming from and now I'm going to try to make you understand where I'm coming from. I have no patience. Now do you get it?:D I appreciate everyones concern, and if something tragic happens you all can say I TOLD YOU SO but, I plan to not run this setup for too long and not at a high boost level to ensure that nothing does happen. Lets just wait it out, thanks for following my build. Pictures and a good update tommarow or monday for sure. Happy boosting, be safe everyone; even you LS.^_^

THIS IS ONLY A SHOW OFF THREAD, this guy never took an advice from anyone here , it was like " you should do this because of this " then you read the advice and you probably are saying , "he could be right but Im still going my way" , there is no point for this thread , and one last thing , even if I know you are not going to take it ... if money is not a problem , what's the point of getting cheap stuff ! , and about the tuning device , we are NOT trying to save you money giving you options that are cheapper , the thing is that you are wasting money on things that are not going to work not even close as hondata or crome !

ps: unsubscribing

Well said. I completely understand where you are coming from and now I'm going to try to make you understand where I'm coming from. I have no patience. Now do you get it?:D I appreciate everyones concern, and if something tragic happens you all can say I TOLD YOU SO but, I plan to not run this setup for too long and not at a high boost level to ensure that nothing does happen. Lets just wait it out, thanks for following my build. Pictures and a good update tommarow or monday for sure. Happy boosting, be safe everyone; even you LS.^_^

Your boost levels arent what will make that manifold crack.The heat cycles from running the motor will. As that manifold heats up and cools down it expands and contracts. The problem there is, those welds that arent really welds, but weld beads laid ontop of the metal, dont expand and contract at the same speed so they crack and things start to fall apart. No matter how much that setup puts down, Id check that manifold every time I got outa the car.

The reason everyone is tellin you to ditch your E-manage is because the alternatives are easier to use. More power to you if you have the money to spend on tunning, but your not gunna make as much power with a bunch of hacks as you will with one computer controlling everything. I understand where your comin from tho, one of my buddies is an SRT fanatic. All you guys have is hacks, no reprograming at all, unless you count the stage 2 setup.

The reason everyone is tellin you to ditch your E-manage is because the alternatives are easier to use. More power to you if you have the money to spend on tunning, but your not gunna make as much power with a bunch of hacks as you will with one computer controlling everything. I understand where your comin from tho, one of my buddies is an SRT fanatic. All you guys have is hacks, no reprograming at all, unless you count the stage 2 setup.

:werd:

That's what everybody else that commented on it was trying to say. People have figured out how to make the piggybacks work well enough for the SRT-4s because piggybacks are all they've got to work with.

For tuning a Honda though, you have the option of re-chipping a stock ECU, and then having it programmed to do whatever the hell you want. You're no longer stuck within the confines of the stock ECU trying to fool it into running the way you need it to. Re-chipping is a much better, more complete, safer, and sometimes even cheaper (say if you were to use a program like Crome, which is free or relatively cheap depending on which version you get) tuning solution then some of the high-end piggyback systems like the E-Manage...

Last edited:
But, as was mentioned before, it's his car and his choice. If he thinks the E-Manage will work best for him, then I say we let him give it a go...

But, as was mentioned before, it's his car and his choice. If he thinks the E-Manage will work best for him, then I say we let him give it a go...

Ya I hear you, its his project to waste money on, like hes said a few times lol. I wouldnt even be in this thread if the OP hadnt said sumthing along the lines of Ill make more reliable power than you guys with my E-manage and meth injection. I do say good choice on the AGP/Peakboost setup and meth, as for the big ass intercooler and hacks....:popcorn:.

I hope to see track times and dyno sheets for the setup tho, and should you decide to follow the suggestions that have been givin Id like to see another set of track times and dyno sheets after the changes.

blah blah blah...don't do this on the internet because blah blah you don't want that...blah blah blah...just shh and give me technical. advice this whole paragraph you just wrote was useless so I stopped after the don't do talk on the internet if you don't want blah to happen blah im pissy and I want to call you pissy to project my repressed feelings of not getting any blah. Shh...I'm sure you know alot about honda's I've read some of your posts...you just talk way to much about completely useless things. I don't even read your whole posts, they are utterly ridiculous how you keep trying to tell me how to act on the internet. Lol...just take it easy and pull the panties out of your arse. I don't need a lesson on internet etiquite mang, I haven't shot down anyones advice yet. And the point of the thread is for me to have something to look back on when the car is finished so I can show people how it came to be, for people that are into cars to be entertained by watching the car come together and to get little tid-bits of advice to help guide me in the right direction. Spend less time telling me what to do with my free time and more time living yours. I stay out of your life, don't tell me what to do with mine. The advice is cool, telling me what to do isn't so just back off...

PS. And for anyone else that is just following this thread because they acctually want to follow my build and give worth while advice on cars and not internet etiquite my buddy club 2mm Head Gasket came today so now I have everything I needed to start installing the turbo. Can you say Hurah? :)

Congrats, you're a fucktard.

BrutalB83 knows his shit. How do I know? Because if he's unsure on a topic, he doesn't post.

STFU and consider peoples advice, or don't ask. This is a technical forum. People are going to give you technical advice regaurdless of if you want it or not. You posted this in the forced induction forum. Thus, you're going to get technical advice in regaurds to forced induction, idiot. If you wanted to just show off your car and say "hey look at me I have a Honda and I'm throwing parts at it" then post it in "auto multi-media" or better yet, don't post it at all.

There are people on this forum that have built Honda's already. They've already seen the good and bad of certain parts and setups.

You have never built a Honda before (you said so yourself), so what makes you think you're qualified to tell the veterans on here what's what?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it really pisses me off when people like you come in here and bitch about people criticizing when thats kinda what you asked for. Consider the advice given, or don't. Just don't sit here and get butthurt when people make suggestions.

/rant.

you might wana listen to these guys. usually when a bunch of people with a lot more experience are telling you somthing is not a good idea or you'd be better off with something else, you should really listen.

the biggest mistake i see you doing is the E manage- all it does is fool the stock ecu into doing what you want, and it will do so marginally. not a safe situation under boost! you couldve done hondata for less than 1/3 of what you paid for the e manage. why fool the ecu when you can perform brain surgery on it to make it do what it needs to instead of blind-folding and pointing it in the right direction ,hoping for the best?

turbo engines are a whole different animal compared to N/A- one mis-step or brain fart by a piggy back and we'll be seeing you in here with pics of fried pistons and blown headgaskets.

He hasnt posted in here for almost 2 months now. That leads me to believe one of three things happened. He either had to eat his words and take the advice he was given, he went ahead and followed the E-Manage/hack route and didnt get what he hoped for and is now too embarassed to come back, OR somethin got damaged tryin to dial in the hacks. But, maybe Im wrong, who knows, maybe hell let us know.....

bwahah this build was garbage anyway..but i do like the car..just not the headlights and big ass intercooler:D

bwahah this build was garbage anyway..but i do like the car..just not the headlights and big ass intercooler:D

indeed. the shell was effin sexy. and i know its not constructive but, i was also looking forward to seeing that arogant fag return with his tail between his legs, asking(and probably arguing:() for help because his straight ebay setup failed to make real power, and his emanage was unable to be dialed to the results he wanted. its a damn shame all the way around

Sure is, but I honestly doubt that was even his car. Probably another couple stolen pics. :thumbsdown:

If it was his car, he prally had to sell it to fund some more hacks for his SRT lol.

Back