PROJECT: The Golden Monster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The ebay setup is all I can afford for now until I handle until I stack more cheddar. Everyone knows the postition im in money wise and has been there acouple times themselves. I agree the manifold and turbo are ehh...but I will get different ones later. I want a dual ball bearing agp 50 trim like I have on my srt-4 and a peakboost tubular manifold. That combo will put out big numbers in the future but, for now 6 to max 9...most likely six psi will be ok for the next couple of months I can deal with 220 wheel horse. I just really want the car to be boosted you know what I'm saying.

I hear statements like this a lot, and they never ever make sense to me. If you're just going to upgrade a few months down the road, then why spend any money at all on cheap junk right now? You could have just taken the money you spent on the E-Bay setup, put it towards higher quality parts, and reached your ultimate goal that much faster.

It's like people who say they're going to put an intake/header/exhaust on a car that they're going to boost in two months. Why? "Well I just want a little power boost in the meantime to tide me over." Ok, or you could just have some damn patience and put that $1,000 - $1,500 and be boosted that much sooner.

Another example would be the guy who says he's going to swap a D16Z6 into his DX for now, just to tide him over until he gets the money for the B16 he really wants. Why the hell would you do that? Take the grand or so it would take to swap a Z6 in your car and make it run and put it towards your B16, and you'll have it so much quicker.

People just have no patience these days...

emanage is a POS piggy back. its NOTHING like an aem or hondata... its basically a VTEC controller /AFC on roids.

crome it.

Srsly. Hondata s300.

And while you're at it, pick up the Hondata MAP sensor, it's cheaper than the one you're looking at.

Srsly. Hondata s300.

And while you're at it, pick up the Hondata MAP sensor, it's cheaper than the one you're looking at.

EDIT:

Don't you hate it when B's server hangs and you end up double-posting?

I hear statements like this a lot, and they never ever make sense to me. If you're just going to upgrade a few months down the road, then why spend any money at all on cheap junk right now? You could have just taken the money you spent on the E-Bay setup, put it towards higher quality parts, and reached your ultimate goal that much faster.
It's like people who say they're going to put an intake/header/exhaust on a car that they're going to boost in two months. Why? "Well I just want a little power boost in the meantime to tide me over." Ok, or you could just have some damn patience and put that $1,000 - $1,500 and be boosted that much sooner.

Another example would be the guy who says he's going to swap a D16Z6 into his DX for now, just to tide him over until he gets the money for the B16 he really wants. Why the hell would you do that? Take the grand or so it would take to swap a Z6 in your car and make it run and put it towards your B16, and you'll have it so much quicker.

People just have no patience these days...

I am doing it because I can. Your concern with the way I spend my money flatters me but, I am taking the path I chose because frankly ytour not paying for it so don't worry when or how I'm going to spend my money to upgrade my car. Just follow along with my build and give me technical advice that's the only reason I started a thread or I would just do it privately. I don't need your advice on how I'm going to spend my money. And my ssautochrome turbo and will find a new home and I should get back just as much as I spent on it to my nieghbor who wants to turbo his integra in acouple months. Don't worry about the path I take to get to 300whp, just help me get there by not commenting on how crappy my setup is:cool:. People on the internet as so negative. I have the money to upgrade later so it doesn't matter I just have things I am currently doing so I don't want to take the risk and have to dip into my saving account. I'm helping my girlfriend with financing on her 1997 sedan M3 she just bought so as soon as she makes acouple more monthly payments and I will start spending money on my project car again. This whip isn't my daily driver...my daily driver is a 50trim srt-4. I'm updating today, lots of new stuff on the car including my new hood and front lip:).

Last edited:
The emanage isnt a POS. But its def not the right choice here, I agree with that.

The emanage isnt a POS. But its def not the right choice here, I agree with that.

I like the emanage ultimate personally. Thanks for the input tho, if I end up needing something else because I end up absolutely hating it then I will def opt for a hondata.

Boost increases your sex appeal.

Well this week has been a lazy one car wise. I am a little tight on spendable money since my girlfriend bought a new car and I help sign for it. It's a cute 1997 sedan M3 in silver with a black interior. Good condition just has 65k on the odometer but, runs very smooth. She just bought it for the looks and to say she has an M3:confused:...women are funny. I installed my projector headlights, carbon fiber hood and mugen front lip on my honda and I think i will get to installing the walbro 255hp fuel pump and maybe another easy bolt-on. Tommarow for sure since I don't have anything better to do I am going to get the apilar setup with all the goodies which include an AEM uego wideband a pyrometer(EGT's) and an oil pressure guage. The next thing I want to buy is an Si guage console so I can remove my ricer tach and sell it. It's a good condition autometer autoguage with a black guage face and a silver bezel if anyone is interested. Well that's about it for this update here's five pictures for your view pleasure. The car is starting to look decent, paint comes soon aswell once I get the type-R rear lip and spoon spoiler installed but, to do that I need to remove the rear bumper so I can get my wrench in there to to remove the OEM roof spoiler and tailights to swap them for my new pretty ones. Later guys....and yes I will be switching parts alot, I have been know to change my setup ALOT...ALot ALOT.^_^ It's not a waste of money to me because cars are what makes life worth living and I would spend every dime I had if it was possible but, I have bills to pay and a girlfriend to keep.
newpic102.jpg

newpic101.jpg

newpic103.jpg

newpic104.jpg

newpic105.jpg

I am doing it because I can. Your concern with the way I spend my money flatters me but, I am taking the path I chose because frankly ytour not paying for it so don't worry when or how I'm going to spend my money to upgrade my car. Just follow along with my build and give me technical advice that's the only reason I started a thread or I would just do it privately. I don't need your advice on how I'm going to spend my money. And my ssautochrome turbo and will find a new home and I should get back just as much as I spent on it to my nieghbor who wants to turbo his integra in acouple months. Don't worry about the path I take to get to 300whp, just help me get there by not commenting on how crappy my setup is:cool:. People on the internet as so negative. I have the money to upgrade later so it doesn't matter I just have things I am currently doing so I don't want to take the risk and have to dip into my saving account. I'm helping my girlfriend with financing on her 1997 sedan M3 she just bought so as soon as she makes acouple more monthly payments and I will start spending money on my project car again. This whip isn't my daily driver...my daily driver is a 50trim srt-4. I'm updating today, lots of new stuff on the car including my new hood and front lip:).

You missed the point entirely. If money's tight at the moment, then why buy anything at all? Instead of buying a crappy E-Bay turbo to tide you over (even though it's not what you really want) why not just save the money, and then be able to buy what you really want that much sooner? :shrug2:

Even if money's no question, it still doesn't make sense. Unless the turbo you get later has the exact same specs as the E-Bay one you'll need to get it tuned again. That's a hassle, and a waste of time and money in my opinion.

Oh, and how do you figure you'll get the same price for the SS AutoCrap turbo when you sell it to your neighbor in a few months? Are you planning on ripping him off, or what?

Thought of a few more things to add...

If you don't want to be criticized then don't ever post on a public Internet forum. Don't start a thread and say "I'm new to building Hondas; here's the turbo setup I'm planning, please give me advice and critique" and then get pissy when someone posts a comment that doesn't consist of kissing your ass and praising your build decisions and part choices.

Honestly I really don't know what the point of this thread is other then to say "look at me, I have a car and I spend money on it!" You admit that you've never built a Honda before, you post up your plans and ask for advice, but then, when people say "yeah, actually, most Honda guys use this instead" or "you should really tune with this instead of that" you just ignore it and say "well, I like it, so I'm gonna use it."

If you think you know how to build a nice turbo Honda then go do it. Come back and post pictures and dyno graphs when you're done.

It does look nice, I'll give you that, but seriously, what's the point of this thread? :huh:

Thought of a few more things to add...

If you don't want to be criticized then don't ever post on a public Internet forum. Don't start a thread and say "I'm new to building Hondas; here's the turbo setup I'm planning, please give me advice and critique" and then get pissy when someone posts a comment that doesn't consist of kissing your ass and praising your build decisions and part choices.

Honestly I really don't know what the point of this thread is other then to say "look at me, I have a car and I spend money on it!" You admit that you've never built a Honda before, you post up your plans and ask for advice, but then, when people say "yeah, actually, most Honda guys use this instead" or "you should really tune with this instead of that" you just ignore it and say "well, I like it, so I'm gonna use it."

If you think you know how to build a nice turbo Honda then go do it. Come back and post pictures and dyno graphs when you're done.

It does look nice, I'll give you that, but seriously, what's the point of this thread? :huh:

blah blah blah...don't do this on the internet because blah blah you don't want that...blah blah blah...just shh and give me technical. advice this whole paragraph you just wrote was useless so I stopped after the don't do talk on the internet if you don't want blah to happen blah im pissy and I want to call you pissy to project my repressed feelings of not getting any blah. Shh...I'm sure you know alot about honda's I've read some of your posts...you just talk way to much about completely useless things. I don't even read your whole posts, they are utterly ridiculous how you keep trying to tell me how to act on the internet. Lol...just take it easy and pull the panties out of your arse. I don't need a lesson on internet etiquite mang, I haven't shot down anyones advice yet. And the point of the thread is for me to have something to look back on when the car is finished so I can show people how it came to be, for people that are into cars to be entertained by watching the car come together and to get little tid-bits of advice to help guide me in the right direction. Spend less time telling me what to do with my free time and more time living yours. I stay out of your life, don't tell me what to do with mine. The advice is cool, telling me what to do isn't so just back off...

PS. And for anyone else that is just following this thread because they acctually want to follow my build and give worth while advice on cars and not internet etiquite my buddy club 2mm Head Gasket came today so now I have everything I needed to start installing the turbo. Can you say Hurah? :)

Last edited:
The advice pertains directly to your project, not your life. You're an idiot. Why would you settle for E-Bay junk now when you're just gonna buy better stuff down the line? That's a dumb fucking idea.

Here's a condensed version of the second paragraph (to suit your extremely short attention span): You conveniently ignore any piece of advice that isn't "Your build is awesome!" or "You really know your stuff!" I haven't seen you actually take one piece of advice given to you thus far on this site. You're not looking for advice, you're just looking for people to kiss your ass.

Was that concise enough for you?

Now make some jokes about how I wear panties and probably don't get any. You're very mature like that!

Last edited:
P.S. Barely anyone is following your gay thread...mostly because we've realized you're an idiot that doesn't listen to good advice from people who have actually built and tuned Hondas before...so what's the point of commenting?

personally i would have stayed with the amber corners and stock headlight, in my opinion i think that headlight set up makes the car look e-bay/ rice set up. and didnt u say you were ordering a garett turbo, than post pics of a ebay one that you bought?

personally i would have stayed with the amber corners and stock headlight, in my opinion i think that headlight set up makes the car look e-bay/ rice set up. and didnt u say you were ordering a garett turbo, than post pics of a ebay one that you bought?

OMG I've been getting alot of shit for picking up the projectors from my local race crew. I might give into peer pressure if I keep getting shit for them:D. I want an AGP dual ball bearing ceramic custom turbo with a .63AR and a stage 3 turbine wheel. The AGP's use garrett ceramic internals so technically is a frankenstien turbo because it's an AGP housing and Garrett internals. For turbo header/exhaust manifold I found a retailer finally that will sell me just the peakboost manifold for a good price so I'm gonna pick one of those up later. I'll post a picture of the SSautochrome turbo and I'm currently porting out the exhaust manifold to ensure I won't have uneven flow that will break the welds.(I haven't bought anything off ebay yet, same china made turbos tho).

P.S. Barely anyone is following your gay thread...mostly because we've realized you're an idiot that doesn't listen to good advice from people who have actually built and tuned Hondas before...so what's the point of commenting?

I haven't rejected anyones advice including yours. I agree the setup I have now is sketchy, this is what I wanted for now until my girlfriend and I make more payments on the M3 and stack some more cheese. Then I will most def. buy the Peakboost manifold and the AGP/garrett turbo and maybe a hondata s300 if the emanage ultimate gave me too much trouble that it impairs my ability to keep the cars EGT's/oil pressure/Air-fuel ratings safe. I'm acctually starting to enjoy reading my thread just for your posts. Your like the loud uncle that everyone says they hate at a family reunion but, they talk with them all night because they're so entertaining. LMAO:p

PS. I'm currently porting my exhaust manifold because the inside of it is so badly manufactured and needs to be smoothened out. Then I will move onto installing my two kill switches and my old viper alarm is crapping out so I bought a new Viper-5900 alarm with remote start. That's my update for today, I'll take some pictures of the manifold's guts after I port it so I can do a before/after picture deal. Later.

Last edited:
not trying to bash though. but i think the amber's look muchh better on that car especially with that color. and arent those projecters ebay ones? they sure do look like it.

not trying to bash though. but i think the amber's look muchh better on that car especially with that color. and arent those projecters ebay ones? they sure do look like it.

The headlights are from Kingsource.com, this retailer also sells those hella clean JDM projector foglights that fit into the airducts on the front bumper. I would buy the fogs because I personally think they are hella dope but, I am going to cut my front bumper to further expose the intercooler pipes/end tanks and a very big cut exposing all of the intercooler core(my intercooler is huge there's a picture my intercooler eariler in the thread along with a picture of the blue hatch that I am going to model my front bumper after.)

Back