Project TurboMirage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
DAY 1:

what a shitty day. it took me forever to figure out that its nearly impossible to get my LCA and trailing arm out without some sort of impact device, but fuck it. ill just wire brush and paint them ON the car. got one shock out dissassembled and reassembled.

fuck lugs. 3/4 of the way through i gave up. that was 2 hours of drilling, and 2 auger style bits with huge teeth. ill buy one more tomorrow.

fulug.JPG

hub%20apart.JPG

oldshok.JPG

newshok.JPG

ever study the "Direction of Rotation" laws........ya might get better grip..... <_<

DAY 2:

got the passenger side complete, brakes adjusted and etc, but i think it may be too tight. havent had a chance to drive the car yet the girlie has the keys in her car.

then.. KART TRACK MEET!!!

got home, got to work. sabrina drilled the rest of the lugnut off while i replaced the shift boot and knob (pics later). i bought a new boot, and knob combo cuz she destroyed the other one. dont know how that happened it supposedly "just fell off". it was tight before you started driving the car. oh well.

got that side out and done in no time at all. there were no other problems, but i have 1 less lugnut. got a new stud pressed in by yours truly, and its back together and on the ground. i also did the brakes.

passback.JPG

passcomplete.JPG

driverback.JPG

drivercomplete.JPG

bothdone.JPG

passdone.JPG

driverdone.JPG

studlug.JPG

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 1 2004, 12:19 AM-->
that spring compressor scares me. glad to see you don't have a spring stuck in your head :D
ive done like 24 springs this way. ive never ever had a problem. maybe i got a nice set.

Airjockie

I think the single Jackstand scares me more.....

had to improvise. couldnt fit 2 under there AND get the control arms off.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 1 2004, 12:19 AM
that spring compressor scares me. glad to see you don't have a spring stuck in your head :D

Bahh... you should watch me do springs... Stick the spring/strut up against a wall, put an impact on the strut hat, then put the wheel/tire on the back of the impact gun as an absorbant, and hit the gun... tire kicks back about 3-4" and voila... much easier and much faster than a spring compressor... :)

im all set with that. i prefer the safe way.

i was suprised though, i didnt even need the compressor to put the H&Rs on.

DAY 3:

i re-siliconed my oil pan, but i think its leaking worse now.:(

DAY 4:

fronts are on! i had no problems with the perches, even thought they swim.:)
122-2285_IMG.JPG

122-2284_IMG.JPG

122-2286_IMG.JPG

122-2287_IMG.JPG

cool deal kid..... B) ;)

but...you deffinately need to envest into a new office chair....holy cow batman...my farts would sink into that chair and just wait for the next person to sit on it...to release the toxic gases... :ph34r:

thats my crud chair now, for when im in the garage and i need to sit down :)

BEFORE SUSPENSION (red94sigal's revolutions + azenis for autocross):

Mirage%20with%20Revolution%20Wheels.JPG

AFTER SUSPENION, WHEELS, SPOILER and CLEARS:

mirageday.JPG

Good Show Chris ! I can't wait to check the car out in person.

Noah : Huh ? I? don't get that method at all. I'm interested though.

-> steve

i get what he means.

im interested in how he gets the spring back on, if its not a lowering spring.

Back