Proof that lawyers aren't that bright...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So you were gone until you returned?

You don't know what it was, and you didn't know what it looked like, but can you describe it?

Have you lived in this town all your life?
Not yet.

All you responses must be oral, ok? What school did you go to?
Oral.

Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

the last ones my fave.

Do you know how far pregnant you are now?
I'll be three months on November 8.
Apparently, then, the date of conception was August 8?
Yes.
What were you doing at that time?

that is classic

Lawyer: What device do you have in your laboratory to test alcohol content?
I have a dual column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard 5710A with flame ionization detectors.
Judge: Can you get that on mag wheels?
Only on the floor models.

thats is soooo stolen from the movie "My cousin Vinni" with joe pesci. except they changed the words around.

Lawer: And what kinda equipment did you use to analyze all this?
I used a dual column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard 5710A with flame ionization detectors.
Lawer: is that thing turbocharged?

just the fact that that line was stolen from a movie makes me think that the whole thing was made up and/or completely taken out of context.

Do you recall approximately the time that you examined the body of Mr. Brown?
It was in the evening. The autopsy started about 8:30 p.m.
And Mr. Brown was dead at the time, is that correct?
No. He was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy!

Just fuckin awesome yO! Good find :)

i worked in a law office for about a year and a half as a secretary, back in high school...

lawyers are ignorant as shit, but you should see some of the clients.

in East Texas, it's not uncommon for someone who gets a DUI to have to spend the weekends in jail, and work during the week. That's so that they do jail time, but still work so they can pay their fines. One client from the law office that i worked at was doing weekend time for his 12th dui. no joke. He drives up to the jail drunk off his ass. The dispatcher sees him get out of the car - obviously drunk - and stagger up to the front of the jail. He gets slapped with felony DUI (since he was driving), public intoxication, and violation of his probation.

this is 100% true, just to let you know.

in court, his defense was this (and i quote this word for word, i had to retype the transcripts):

"Your honor, I do not deny that I was drunk at the time of my arrival at the jail, but I protest the Felony DUI charge. I wasn't the one that was driving. My friend who looks just like me was driving, but he ran off as soon as we got to the jail."

no bs.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 9 2003, 11:40 AM
Lawyer: What device do you have in your laboratory to test alcohol content?
I have a dual column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard 5710A with flame ionization detectors.
Judge: Can you get that on mag wheels?

thats is soooo stolen from the movie "My cousin Vinni" with joe pesci. except they changed the words around.

Lawer: And what kinda equipment did you use to analyze all this?
I used a dual column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard 5710A with flame ionization detectors.
Lawer: is that thing turbocharged?

just the fact that that line was stolen from a movie makes me think that the whole thing was made up and/or completely taken out of context.

true, but maybe the movie stole it from a real court case...

anyway, I sure some of them have got to be true.

ya well in their defense, sometimes lawyers are so worried about claryfying every single detail, that stupid shit like this somethimes slips out.

Back