PS2 vs. XBOX vs. Gamecube

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolReaver

Its about time for me to upgrade from the ol' n64 I have... what are you guys' opinions as far as what system is the best. Ive seen the commercials for the new syphon filter and socom 2 and they both look kick ass.

Im more into action type games, not really a big fan of sports games.

I will most definitely be getting a mod chip for whatever system I choose, as I dont want to spend 50 bucks on a game every time :)

xbox xbox xbox.

can you say Halo 2?

if you have the cash, get a PS2 in addition. not a bad system, but with the current games and new stuff coming out, XBox is king.

and gamecube is a joke. i had one for a month before it went on ebay.

Originally posted by Prowler@May 22 2004, 09:04 AM
xbox xbox xbox.

can you say Halo 2?

if you have the cash, get a PS2 in addition. not a bad system, but with the current games and new stuff coming out, XBox is king.

and gamecube is a joke. i had one for a month before it went on ebay.

word.

I still have the Gamecube because I am too lazy to sell it...it literally has at least 1/2 inch of dust on it.

1. Xbox
2. PS2
3. N64
4. Gamecube

It depends on what you want to play Xbox is cool if you happen to like the games it has

Halo is cool but being a big first person shooter play on the PC I hate the fact that its played using a controller and IMO always feels not quite right

however it is the 2 best 1st person shooter on a home system

I own a PS2 and a GC Im about to buy a Xbox but Im waiting for Conkers to come out first "rare where have you been?"

so far I've put more time over all on my PS2 due to FF games but for the most part when I play a video game I end up playing my GC Metorid Prime was a blast and has a bad ass controller setup once you get use to it FZero GX is a friggin fast game Mario Kart DD is a blast to play even more so with 2-4 people

if I had to make a list of systems to own it would have to be

PS2
GC
Xbox

PS2 as almost always has by far the best and biggest library of games

GC has fewer games but the good games they have are GREAT just like the N64 80% of the games sucked but the other 20% were worth buying the system for due to in house guys

XBox seems to have the best internet setup "from what I've read" some nice games but is still the big name underdog that well..... Prowler said it best it has halo! I've heard that line for 2 years now.... Xbox? yeah its great it has Halo to this day I think it's still the best game for that system yup it has halo get an Xbox yup Halo lol

iit does how a few other good games... a few

Conkers where are you!

once again as soon as conkers comes out Im buying a Xbox damn that game was badass =)

Why is GameCube on the list?

When it come's to PS2 vs XBOX, it really comes down to opinion. I want an XBOX for halo, but then again I just love Gran Turismo (replayability). Everybody I talk to loves their XBOX, but it seems all they ever really play is Halo. Im on my 3rd PS2, which im slightly mad about. The only thing keeping me with the PS2 is how sony shipped me 2 different ones after first one busted. And sony's been really good to my family too. Bill Gates and Microsoft, they rape me on a daily basis.

Just comes down to what you like.

Why does everyone say Bill Gates rapes them? Just because Microsoft made the Xbox, that dosen't mean the Xbox is evil...Microsoft, maybe.

You have the option to use a different OS, many people like Linux or whatever over Windows...They aren't holding your computer hostage, you know.

Originally posted by lumpbuzcut@May 22 2004, 09:48 AM

Becuase if you are any real game player you would respect the fact that the gamcube has some badass games on it

but most people are closed minded about nintendo since they F-ed everything up a few years back with the whole family crap

go get a gamecube and play Metroid Prime to the end then tell me again "why is game cube on the list?"

if I had only a PS2 and were buying a 2nd system I would buy a GC over a Xbox it has more and better games

oh never mind I forgot Gamecube does not have Halo
nope look else where don't buy it it sucks becuase nope no halo

If you want to play halo buy it for the PC then you can have a good control setup

Keyboard/Mouse OWN

Originally posted by jeffie7+May 22 2004, 10:19 AM-->
lumpbuzcut
@May 22 2004, 09:48 AM

Becuase if you are any real game player you would respect the fact that the gamcube has some badass games on it

but most people are closed minded about nintendo since they F-ed everything up a few years back with the whole family crap

go get a gamecube and play Metroid Prime to the end then tell me again "why is game cube on the list?"

If you want to play halo buy it for the PC then you can have a good control setup

Keyboard/Mouse OWN

Yeha, I'll second that...

About once a quarter, ONCE a quarter....Adecent game comes out for the Gamecube.

I have had it a year, got 5 games, if that tells you anything.

The setup IS better on a computer for any FPS...but Halo just seems like it belongs on the Xbox. I dunno why, but the replay is great...I can go through single player again and again.

Each system has it's own MUST have games.

PS2 --> GT series, upcoming GTA: San Andreas

Xbox --> Halo, Ninja Gaiden is high up there as well. the XSN sports games are very good as well.

Gamecube --> Legend of Zelda (a little too kid-themed for me, nonetheless very good) Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 0 is quite possibly the best in the series, maybe 2nd to RE2.

GC is still the 3rd option I would pick, simply because one GREAT game in 4 months is not worth it.

halo belongs on the xbox because there are 7936429634 X 93286489274 better fps made for the pc

and mario kart is the only reason why i would buy a gamecube :ph34r:

i got an Xbox and i like it alot. the only thing i really dont like is the controller. its big and bulky but it does sit in my hands pretty nice. and they just dropped the price down to $149.99 so that makes it a little better and games are about the same price as the PS2 games.

I look at XBox and PS2 like cars Domestic vs. Imports. XBox= A lot of power in it to attract people to the graphics which is all I hear about it. Graphics, graphics, graphics. PS2 on the other hand has less power, but a way better line up in games, and the graphics aren't the best, but not bad at all. I still say PS2, just because they are a lot more genre's of games than XBox. One thing I do like about XBox is the fact that you can load your own personal music onto a game and listen to whatever you want, I love on Grand Theft Auto. Although, PS2 new hardrive you get with FFXI has the same technology I believe, but you have to dump an extra $100 bucks for it. There is the bad thing about Sony, you have to pay extra for the technology they left out. PS2 all the way though.

well i chose ps2 cuz of the gran turismo series, halo is fun n everything but gets old faster then GT4 will

Originally posted by Havok@May 22 2004, 09:32 AM

I still have the Gamecube because I am too lazy to sell it...it literally has at least 1/2 inch of dust on it.

You have air quality issues in your house. Might I suggest a hepa filter?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+May 22 2004, 03:08 PM-->
@May 22 2004, 09:32 AM

no ionic breeze is better:)

i like xbox b/c of the fact it has better graphics, a builtin hd, xbox live, halo, ninja gaiden, and toca racing isnt that bad; cool collisions but cant upgrade the cars.
the only thing i like about the ps2 is its smaller than the xbox and the gt series..

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+May 22 2004, 03:08 PM-->
@May 22 2004, 09:32 AM

Fuckin' a, it was an exaggeration.

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.
1.) A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2.) A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to 3.) make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Late Latin sarcasmus, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein, to bite the lips in rage, from sarx, sark-, flesh.]

:)

Both. It has been laying around, so I'm sure it has soem dust on it, but I dunno. I didn't measure it with a measuring tape or something.

I have an XBox and a PS2... but I prefer my PC for all my gaming needs. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I even bought a console. I'd rather have an old NES. :)

i got some emulators on my computer; i can play some xbox and ps2 games on it :)
i also use a xbox controller on my computer via usb.

Back