PS3 Hacked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Have any of you PS3 guys experienced any hacked lobbies recently now that the PS3 hardware has been hacked? Apparently Black Ops has some software-based security measures which make it a bit harder to hack, but CoD4 and MW2 are hacked all to death now like they were on the 360 (stats reset, prestige lobbies all over the place, all kinds of cheats being used, etc.). CoD is the most heavily hit because that's what most people are playing, but I guess other games are being hacked too.

Anybody had any issues so far?

Yeah, I went back to playing some MW2 and it's pretty hardcore on there. It's hard to get in a match were there isn't some sort of BS going on. I'm sure they will come up with an an update that wipes all this shit clean... at least they better.

Yeah, I went back to playing some MW2 and it's pretty hardcore on there. It's hard to get in a match were there isn't some sort of BS going on. I'm sure they will come up with an an update that wipes all this shit clean... at least they better.

Well, that may be a problem. Apparently it's not really something that can be fixed via a game patch or a PS3 update. Recently a hacker group actually cracked the PS3's master key, and they claim that the only thing that can actually fix the problem is new hardware...

Well, that may be a problem. Apparently it's not really something that can be fixed via a game patch or a PS3 update. Recently a hacker group actually cracked the PS3's master key, and they claim that the only thing that can actually fix the problem is new hardware...

Eh, I understand that it must be fun to figure out how it works and how to get around it.. we do this with cars all the time. My thing is... why do they feel the need to give out this info to every stupid fuck out there? It can't even be fun cheating constantly.

They should be able to make an update that can see if you are using this program or not. They should just not allow you on the network. Idk... just makes playing anything suck, especially because I'm not a stupid faggot.

Sorry for the language ^^/

they cant prevent people from hacking, but they surely can lock people out. much like the ps3, the xbox 360 can be softmodded. however, if you get on xbox live and they detect you're softmodded, they can ban you.

the only way i can think of getting around the mac ban is replacing the machine, lan card or spoofing your mac.

anyway, thank goodness the fighting (game) community doesnt have this problem :p.

They should be able to make an update that can see if you are using this program or not. They should just not allow you on the network.

they cant prevent people from hacking, but they surely can lock people out. much like the ps3, the xbox 360 can be softmodded. however, if you get on xbox live and they detect you're softmodded, they can ban you.

:werd:

I hope they just start doing what MS does - if your machine is modded, you get banned from using the network.

I understand that some people mod their machines so that they can run home-brew stuff, and if that's truly your intent with modding, then I feel bad for you, but I just don't see how the community should have to put up with this shit...

if you expect this kind of security, be prepared to pay for online access soon.

Read an article where on of the hackers noted that if your ps3'is connected to the Internet it will upon start up send a small packet of info to Sonys servers. He surmised that it could be used to moniter systems and block modded consoles.

if you expect this kind of security, be prepared to pay for online access soon.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Although, it certainly hasn't prevented people from hacking the 360...

Read an article where on of the hackers noted that if your ps3'is connected to the Internet it will upon start up send a small packet of info to Sonys servers. He surmised that it could be used to moniter systems and block modded consoles.

Interesting...

i agree folks still hack the 360 all the time, but MS does a great job with banning consoles.

A user going by the name NeoGAF has posted that when port sniffing his
machine he found that the PS3 contacts Sony servers if there is a web
connection as soon as the machine is turned on. That would allow Sony to
know that the console has been hacked and ban the machine if wanted.
There is also some speculation that Sony could push updates to all
consoles as well. Sony has already said that it plans to fix the
security breach these hacks take advantage of with a series of updates

QUOTED FROM SLASHGEAR

the day before i started playing black ops i had a couple guys come into my s&d lobby and they where all jumping like 500ft in the air and the one guy couldn't be killed but he was cool about it we all had mad fun and then he turned everything off and played fair we just beat em and they where all laughing telling him to turn the mods back on

^^^ That was funny shit.. I want a PS3 now just for that game.. I used to play the shit out of that game on the PS2..

Back