Purchasing B18C GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luke18

Hello,

I wanted to know what is best. Purchasing the GSR from a local shop or purchasing from online. I have been looking at some only place like NAGANOJAPANESE.COM AND JAPANESE STAR MOTORS, their prices look good. What do you guys think. Thanks for the advice

Do not buy from japanese star motors, they sent emails and talked shit to bigger companies, u should probably buy a b18c from HMO, aka www.hmotorsonline.com
good prices and good service as many people members of hondaswap have said.

If you are going to get a b18c get the jdm 96-2000 type-r motor. My buddy has one in his 92 vx hatch and turned a 13.7 with only an intake and an exhaust. That motor is awesome +hp and +tq over the gsr.

H22's are for drag racing :wank wank: Plus they have MANY more weaknesses tan the B.

Anycrap, back on topic. Buy your whole swap from hmotorsonline.com They fucking own. That is all. Kthxbye

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@May 25 2004, 09:39 PM
If you are going to get a b18c get the jdm 96-2000 type-r motor. My buddy has one in his 92 vx hatch and turned a 13.7 with only an intake and an exhaust. That motor is awesome +hp and +tq over the gsr.

and what if he wants to boost his newly imported motor? the ITR isn't a motor for boost.

i hate it when people say H22 for drag only. lol. 80lbs difference, its not a big deal. its not like goin from a 4cyl fox body to a 460 in the same chassis. and even if you were, spring rate can be changed. anyhoot. i agree with hmotorsonline.com all i've heard about them is great things.

Originally posted by nismogod@May 26 2004, 02:12 PM
i hate it when people say H22 for drag only. lol. 80lbs difference, its not a big deal. its not like goin from a 4cyl fox body to a 460 in the same chassis. and even if you were, spring rate can be changed. anyhoot. i agree with hmotorsonline.com all i've heard about them is great things.

lol, it's not just the weight. The H is tilted backward in the engine bay, thus pitching the entire rotating assembly farther forward in the car and adding more weight UP FRONT. Spring rate doesn't fix that. It will understeer like a bitch. Besides, a B can be built to handle much more than a built H will because the B doesn't even have nearly the weaknesses of the H series.

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 26 2004, 07:57 AM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@May 25 2004, 09:39 PM

and what if he wants to boost his newly imported motor? the ITR isn't a motor for boost.

Tell that to Japanese tuners.

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 26 2004, 01:57 AM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@May 25 2004, 09:39 PM

Wrong.

Any motor can be boosted...Simply put, more money is involved with boosting a ITR than an LS, B16, GSR, D16, etc.

Back