quad throttle bodies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nightrider

Does anyone know were i could get some quad throttle bodies for any honda or acura motors?

Toda Makes them I am pretty sure. They are known As ITB's or Individual Throttle Bodies, actually.

Originally posted by nightrider@Jun 24 2003, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know were i could get some quad throttle bodies for any honda or acura motors?

get ready to spend some cash homie. Toda's ITB's is exspensive. Plus, I don't really think it's worth their cost, your better off getting a type r or a skunk2 manifold. but the ITB's look f*ckin pimp status style.

itb's are NOT a bolt on part. know that before you buy it.

you have to make new vacuum sources for everything, find places to put all the sensors that are on the IM somewhere... then, you have to figure out how to make it work, and a stand alone is REQUIRED to run them to th ebest of my knwoledge.

hard core part- for hardcore racing.

i say fuck 'em

Erick's racing just went 9s without itb's all motor :)

yeah no shit, ITB's do produce power but they aren't needed to get you there. Be prepared to invest a lot of time on teh dyno and fully tuning the shit out. Mucho bucks.

Milan

From what i've learned ITB's are more for circuit where quicker response is critical. On a 1/4 mile response isn't so critical.

While ITB's do make hp, they are primarily used to make the engine more responsive

They also dont allow for a cold air intake and thus have to draw in hot air from the engine bay, which reduces thier effeciency.

Originally posted by JDMSpecAccordSir-T@Jun 26 2003, 12:38 AM
They also dont allow for a cold air intake and thus have to draw in hot air from the engine bay, which reduces thier effeciency.

not true
you simply need to make an airbox with a cold air extension on it
BMW M3s all come with ITBs and i have seen several cold air setups for them

wouldn't the air box be like an intake manifold except before the TBs and couldn't you put the sensors and junk on it? I have no idea if that would work but it seems ok in my mind

go read the old post go to the two limks and go the site they have more info than the two people on this site that have ever used itbs

sensors????

and it is a little like the manifold but usually you make it much larger... it is more of a place for the air to collect... then it gets sucked into the ITBs that are individually tuned for each cylinder

so pretty much ITB's= mucho cash, really the last thing you should upgrade, and in some cases, not even worth it.

Milan

i just want to try to redeem myself. Its true they may have cold air intakes for M3's but i have yet to to see one for Hondas (which this topic was started for) that have a ITB setup.

Back