question about b18a swap in EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eth0r

well, im new to this board.. so hello everyone. now for my question, a friend of mine is swaping out his b16 out his 90 si and is selling me his shell w/ mounts, axles and linkage, after looking around i found a great deal on a b18a1, if i was to pick up the motor would it drop right in with all the parts he left for me? mounts axles and linkage? i would most likely have to get a ecu and harness which should i be looking for? and finally i hear the b18a1 head is not all that great, i have access to a b18b1 head would i be able to swap that on is it even worth it?.. thanks for reading.

yes all the stuff he has will work. now what model do you have? you may have to do a mpfi swap and might even have to do a hud swap if you have a hf crx. the b1 head has alittle better cams and the intake ports are bigger. if you can get it cheap by all means do it. if you can get the intake mani and throttle body do that too.

EDIT: after reading it again i see you getting the shell to so you will have no problem. just get the si harness if you can.

yup there should be no problem. just make sure you get the rear motor mount bracket for the 90-93 ls

Back