question about this turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

ok... its a T3/t04E a/r .50

so my question is that it says XSpower on it... and i heard about turbos from ebay or whatever that only last 1000 or so miles and then break down and idk if this is one of them. i traded a buddy my singel cam for this turbo, and he got it off ebay and only put 200 miles on it.

ill try to get pictures asap.

thanks
-Mike

might be lucky and they only changed the housing...otherwise, its kinda like russian roulette. I can tell you right know that XSPower is not XS Engineering....they do know what they are doing.

the turbo was brand new til he parted his car out... so it only has 200 miles. and it has no shaftplay.

Quoted post[/post]]
yep... xs power = SSAC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XS-Power-T4...sspagenameZWDVW

not the same turbo, but just a link to show the name with the seller/company...

i dunno... i'd say use it till it blows up.... but IMO, you got hosed and your buddy made out with a motor out of the deal...

the newer ssac turbos are holding well, its the older turbozy housinged turbos with the black serial tag sold by stone mountain racing, ae the ones prone to almost immediate failure.

it be good on a smaller sized motor 1.6 to about 2.2 (depending on how you rev the motor)

its best on high reving small motors, with a .63 or bigger exhuast houseing. depending on where you want it to spool. if your not going any higher than 7000rpms, than that turbo would be good

Back