questions about interchanging parts on 90 accord coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1990cb7

My mom gifted me her 1990 accord 2 door the other day and I'm trying to fix some minor things with the car. First off, I want to ditch the front and rear seats in place for maybe gsr seats and was wondering if they would fit or would I have to make some hardware changes? Secondly, I have a leak in the trunk and I'm thinking its the rubber molding. Are there rubber replacement kits out there for the entire car? Because the doors need it as well. Is there something on the market that i can condition the exterior moldings with? And lastly, I would like to swap out the steering wheel for another newer styled one like from a newer accord, civic or prelude. Will those swap out with no problems? 1 last thing, I've seen people swap the f22 for an h22 or h23, and was wondering if the motor would drop rght in without modifying anything. What f series motor is also a good direct replacement for the f22 in my car currently? Thanks for any help!

You can probably do a pan swap, but seats do not readily interchange.

I never seen any; you probably have to get those from the dealer.

Trim paint?

Can't say; I've only heard of Prelude steering wheels swapping over.

Yes: F and H share the same mounting points and transmission bolt patterns.

Any newer engine would work. In general(from a performance stand-point), the F22A1/A6 are highly regarded due to the intake ports.

So you don't have to do any special motor mount additions like when you swap a b series into a civic? Also, how hard is it to change from an automatic to a manual trans?

Transmissions are interchangeable between F/H so I would say yes.

Speaking of transmissions, the tranny in my car "hiccups" while driving on the highway. The transmission was inspected about 40k miles ago and it was deemed to be in good shape. The only thigh mentioned was that possibly the linkage was "tight" because when you go from park to reverse the linkage seems a little stiff. Any ideas?

Does it slam into any gears? Sounds like a servo to me, but I need to to know what you mean by "hiccup"...

Back