1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about LS Vtec (b18block b16head)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by dontknowsquatbouthonda, Oct 4, 2008.

1. dontknowsquatbouthonda

dontknowsquatbouthonda New Member

Ok, so I am new to the whole Honda scene. I just recently got a 94 Civic DX Coupe. Its just got the stock d15b7. I am looking at different motors to swap in it. I am wanting to put a h22 in it and turbo it. I know I would have to make some mods to my car to fit this in my car. If I can find a b16 or a b18 to drop in there for now, I will.Now everyone keeps telling me that I need to put a LS Vtec in my car. Im not super crazy about having max power just so I can brag and drive it as my daily driver. I am just curious what the horsepower is at the block on just a stock LS Vtec is and a after market LS Vtec ( cams/intake/chipped ecu, etc ). So far nobody has been able to tell me the horsepower on a LS Vtec but thats all everyone talks about. At this point Im leaning more towards an H22 rather than a LS Vtec. Thanks

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Your screen name is 100% accurate in describing you. There is no way anyone is going to be able to answer your question. It's way too vague. You're talking about after-market intake/headers/exhaust/cams, etc. but which ones? Crappy E-Bay parts? Greddy? Skunk2? The only way to answer a question like this is to find someone who's actually built a motor with a certain combination of parts and ask them how much power it made, or, build it yourself and put it on the dyno.

And I really wouldn't recommend finding a B-series to "drop in for now." B16s and B18s are expensive enough that I wouldn't want to use one as a temporary, throw-away motor. If the H22 is what you want then just put your money towards that from the beginning...

3. dontknowsquatbouthonda

dontknowsquatbouthonda New Member

I was simply asking whats the lower end and higher end horsepower on a LS Vtec. I dont know anyone personally with a LS Vtec they just like to talk about it like its God. IMO it should be easy to answer.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Well it isn't easy to answer. Just like there are different brands of after-market parts that produce different amounts of power, there are various ways to assemble an LS/VTEC engine that will produce different results. You can use a B16 head, a GS-R head, a Type R head, etc. Are you sticking with the stock LS internals or changing them to up the compression? Are you talking about an LS block or a B20 block?

Like I said previously, your question is to vague to provide you with a definitive answer. And also, if you want an H22 then get an H22 to start with. Don't waste any money on a B-series engine to "get started with"...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted