questions on Pinouts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nothing

I was asked by a friend to help replace an engine in her 92 honda civic cx. The engine she got was a d15y7 (old engine was a d15y8). When I finally got the engine in I started it and it ran like crap (wrong ECU to run it, duh :p ).

I have since replaced the wiring harness to the one off the new engine (94 dx), switched the o2 sensor to a 4 wire one is stead of the old 1 wire one, and changed the ECU to a P06 to replace the old P05. Now the car wont start at all.

Is there a major difference between the connectors between the harness and the ECU? Does anyone know of a place that I can get pictures of the differing connectors? Would this even be my problem to begin with or is there a bigger problem I am overlooking?

I am going to go to a junkyard to get the wiring inbetween the harness and the ECU will this help me? :unsure:

thanks in advance for any help provided.

sounds like you did everything right...

plug the CX ecu back in. if it fires, its a bad dx ecu

And make sure you don't have an alarm holding back the fuel or anything silly like that. I did a motor swap a couple months ago, and we ended up resetting the alarm. After that was done, the car fired right up. Even using the alarms remote start, the car would not go. Reset, vroooooom. Just a thought.

I believe the ecu plug in's are the same. You might have other trouble.. I've done alot of SOHC 92-95 swaps and never had to run any different wiring other than VTEC wires. I do not believe that's the source of your trouble. I know it sounds dumb but make sure it's getting fuel and spark. I think it shouldn't run horrible on the cx ecu. Although that's designed to run the junk 8 valve motor but the fuel maps should work. I would check the motor out

Back