Quick question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jared759

VIP
Is the core support on the civics bolt in? I had a wreck today and screwed mine all the shit. Pics later.

I'm thinking about doing the 99-00 conversion.

yea it does suck. The passenger fender got ripped in half. No longer have a headlight on the passenger side, and bumper is tore all to hell.

Horrible day.

As far as I know its spot welded together. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will confirm or deny this though.

if its spot welded then I have a buddy who can do that for me.
Thanks for all the help.
Anyone else with more input is welcomed to share.

I would go look at mine and see, but its in a my dads friends garage.

Yeah, spot welded, but if you take off the front bumper / head lights / fenders, you can remove it yourself. Just get a drill bit slightly bigger than the spot welds and drill them out. I've done it before. Just take your time, its not too bad.

That shouldn't be to bad. I think a body shop might be doing this for me seeing how the insurance company is writing the check to them. I hopefully will be able to order the parts myself. I've been looking on majestic honda(hondaautomotiveparts.com) and I have a parts list already made up and its not over the $1000 mark yet, but thats without the headlights.

You think the ebay CTR headlight replica's would be worth a shit?

I used a hammer and a chisel to get a core support out before and then spot welded and riveted the new one in. Check it out on my website
in the "other projects" section. ( www.CB7project.com ) First one i ever changed and it was easy!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I can do this no problem, but I don't think the insurance will let me touch the car.

If they total the car, and we buy it back does insurance still give you money to fix it? Or are you just on your own? Never went through the buying back thing.

All I know is after you get it rebuilt youre gunna hafta go through the state inspection and all that happy horse shit.

In south carolina we don't have inspections. :)

I wasnt talkin about emmissions though. Youll hafta take it through the state patrol safety inspection, to make sure the car is road worthy.

anybody ever used the ebay ctr replica headlights? Don't really want to spend 500 on some headlights.

But If I have too I will.

Good luck buying that stuff through majestic honda. I tried buying a hood/bumper and they took the order but then emailed me saying they couldn't ship it because it was too big. Although maybe I'm just unlucky, so good luck to you.

Anybody know anything about buying a totaled car back?

Talk to your claim represenative, if they have already given you a check for the car and taken it they are going to want some if it back, not to much but some, if you cant reach the claim rep. talk to your insurance agent NOT THE RECEPTIONIST!

they haven't took the car or came and looked at it yet.

ok well tell them you dont want it totalled you want to keep it and will repair it yourself and will take it to the saftey inspection center like newb said.
they might give you a check but it will not be much at all maybe like 1/4 of the value.

This is all coming from my mom a insurance agent so im not blowing smoke up your ass, also in VA so things might be a tad diffrent.

Back