r.i.p. crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not too sure about that, last time i took a hard left, and the car started sliding, it didnt continue to go left, or a sharper angle left. it start to shoot straight. so he would have gone to the top of the embankment. if the car was sliding, that means he lost traction, if the front wheels were both loose, the the rear wheels would not accelerate in a FWD. they would continue at same speed or start to slow down, they dont speed up on their own.
now, say the rear wheels lost traction and started sliding, they would have gone to the right, therefore angling the car to be facing sharper to the left, then if they suddenly caught traction again, it would have sent him down the embankment.

edit: and he is right on the paint, injen, yours is an old road. the paint is on top of the pavement on newer roads, however, not once have i slid on a dry line. wet, yes; dry, no.

Last edited:
ok,what it really comes down to is that this guy was going too fast on too sharp of of a corner for his experience,he is trying to blame it on the paint,when in all actuality it is his fault,no pity end of story

Paint strips do not effect driving as bad as you think. At the time you were probably not judging the road properly. The only time I have ever had an issue of control on paint strips is in the rain on my motorcycle. I have noticed some in a car but the fact is in the rain you should slow it down anyway.

What I'm getting at is never drive like an asshat on public roads with or without experience. When you do and defend your actions, you make yourself out to be even more of one.

Thanks for taking another crx off of the road. Because of tools like you they are getting rarer and more expensive.

if you accelerate fast into a turn and turn in hard, then let of the gas but don't hit the brakes, then the front wheels are decelerating a higher rate than the rear tires (in a fwd; and assuming you don't push in the clutch or put it in neutral)

but unless there is mechanical failure, or a child or person walks into the road, you're responsible for the cars' actions

for the record, i live in mn, and can attest to there being some funky slick paint on the roads that i've noticed when changing lanes. but that in no way absolves this kid from wrecking a perfectly nice rex. i just cry..

LMFAO....damn yall scared him away fast.
You fucking asshats...lol

Injen you just had to post that pic didn't you...LMAO
Fuck I cant get enough of this site!

lol yes i did..the guy was backstepping hardcore..
i could just imagine it if i was talking to him in real life...
n-n-n-no it was the paints fault...d-d-d-d-da damn thing just slid

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaayyy

if you accelerate fast into a turn and turn in hard, then let of the gas but don't hit the brakes, then the front wheels are decelerating a higher rate than the rear tires (in a fwd; and assuming you don't push in the clutch or put it in neutral)

but unless there is mechanical failure, or a child or person walks into the road, you're responsible for the cars' actions

Ok... for the record, if either the back or front wheels were accelerating faster than each other, you car would be getting longer or shorter. Since our car's aren't made of slinkies, this is impossible. Both wheels will ALWAYS accelerate at the same speed since they are linked. (The only acceptation would be centrifugal acceleration, but that would only happen if a wheel was locking up or starting to spin)

Also, I noticed that it was impossible for his car to slide DOWN the road on the paint also, even if his left front broke lose because it started to spin. If the back end started to slide around (I have a hard time believing that this happened if he was on the gas), the car should have scrubbed of enough speed that an experienced driver should have been able to recover from it.

With those performance tires on there, I can't imagine that he would have had any problem taking a 55 mph corner in a well tuned CRX at 65-70+ mph.

And, if paint is so slick, then why do they paint lanes on racetracks? Just a question.

LMFAO....damn yall scared him away fast.
You fucking asshats...lol

Injen you just had to post that pic didn't you...LMAO
Fuck I cant get enough of this site!

Yeah, seriously though, I'm not sure what his purpose was here. Did he want pity or what?

"Hey dudes, I just wrecked my car cuz I'm a dumbass! Please feel sorry for me! What? Hey! Don't criticize me! I just wrecked my car! I'm sad!"

:disgust1:

Just for the record, in my area the paint is a lil slicker than the rest of the roads surface. However, Ive never heard anyone blame an accident on the paint in the roadway. Moral of the story is, dont drive like an idiot and you wont hafta worry about rather or not the paint is slick.

the paint is alot smoother that the road is and im sure that is what happend to him cause i was with my dad when he killed his mustang he was doin the same thing

Wow you guys are hrash. tTe guy crashed his ride. Give hime a break.

BTW motorcycle riders will confirm to y'all that fairly fresh paint marks if they are at all wet, can be EXTREMELY slick.

That's one of the reasons why we preach lane discipline to new riders. Of course the other is that the oncoming SUV who usually is over the line lol

were talking about a guy who did 65 around a "pretty hard turn"
and is now blaming the crash on paint marks,
we in fact are not talking about a 2 wheel vehicle(motorcycle) that was going around a corner that hit fresh paint thats wet,,theres a big differance
he doesnt get a break simply becasue he was not driving safe for his experience,and will not man up and admit his wrong doing

thanx for playing NEWB

my other issue with this kid's wreck is he was trying to sell it a month ago and now conveniently it is totaled and he has an ins. check.

:shrug2:

Don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for the guy, I would be kicking myself if something like that happened to me, epecially with all of the work and the money that he had into that thing, but to say that he crashed because of some lines in the center of the road seems like a little bit of a stretch.

Back