Radar Absorbant Paint??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SoSlo

has any one used or heard of any one using Radar Absorbant Paint. i found it for $150 a gallon. it says that it blocks x, k and ka bands of radar.

dosent the army use that on some planes? or something along those lines. thats cool(the paint).

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Nov 9 2003, 08:20 PM
dosent the army use that on some planes? or something along those lines. thats cool(the paint).

Actually the airforce uses it on the F117 and the SR71. If a civilian can get it. Then go for it.

i heardof that paint being sold in magazines years ago. if i remember right, its supposed to have tiny specs of metal in the paint which supoosedly diffuse the radar signal so it doesnt reflect back to the radar gun. im pretty sure it was a scam back then, but maybe now they are selling the real stuff? :shrug2:

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Nov 9 2003, 11:21 PM
Well Dont speed and you wont need to repaint your car!

With a name like accordturbo I cannot believe that came out of your brain. :slap:

ive heard about it, but i heard that part of what makes it radar absorbant is the flake, so i think it only comes in one kinda gunmetal/brownish color

it would be cheaper to just buy a radar detector. but the "paint" absorbs the radar signals. if it is real, it would cost a lot more than $150 a gallon. i was in the air force and worked the f-117. it isn't even really a paint, it's more of an epoxy. don't buy it

gotta be a scam...

you can buy radar/laser scramblers for like $150 or so though, I have never used one but I've heard those are really good and make your car "invisible" to traffic cops with speed guns
you can get the jammers as standalone or as part of a radar detector as well

I've considered it, I don't speed very much... but all it takes is that one time you don't think there is a cop around to F you up good

I've heard its on that new F-22 too. There's no way a paint used on an F-22 (billion dollar plane) is gonna be goin for $150 let alone even work. Personally I'd do like the others say go w/ a good detector.

no its charcoal based (the shit used on the stealths n shit... never heard of this paint stuff)..... basicly cover your entire car in dynamat (the sound deadening shit)

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Nov 9 2003, 11:02 PM
Ya the military guards thier supply and formulas for radar absorbant meterial. I think someones trying to scam you

:werd:

If you read the anarchy cookbook, it tells you how to modify one of those automatic door openers used in supermarkets so that it acts as a radar scrambler.

Back