Radar Absorbant Paint??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why not just paint your car invisible like Wonder woman's plane?
http://www.wbshop.com/kernel/imageload?tab..._EN;key5=-100_l

:D Sorry, just had a hard day at work and was feeling silly.

Seriously though, just buy a good radar detector. If you want a stealthy detector then Whistler makes a good one model 3400. You mount the radar unit behind the gril or bumper and then mount the display unit wherever you want inside your car. I mounted mine in the driver's side coin box. There's a small laser detector piece that you mount near your rear view on your windshield but really you're toast if the Five-O is using laser because you can't really detect laser until they target you and then it's too late.

Here's some pics of my install of a previous model 3300 in my 90 Accord if anyone is interested then just click.

From what I have read most radar and laser jammers are junk unless they are "ACTIVE" (meaning they emmit a signal) and "ACTIVE" jammers are illegal as in big fine if you're caught with one. :(

Bruce.

I heard that they're coming out with a stealth body kit.
jerkit.gif

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP@Nov 10 2003, 06:33 PM
From what I have read most radar and laser jammers are junk unless they are passive (meaning they emmit a signal) and passive jammers are illegal as in big fine if you're caught with one. :(

I think you mean active... a radar detector is passive because it just sits there and listens, while a jammer is active because it actually sends something out to screw with the signal.

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 10 2003, 09:01 PM-->
HONDAPITSTOP
@Nov 10 2003, 06:33 PM
From what I have read most radar and laser jammers are junk unless they are passive (meaning they emmit a signal) and passive jammers are illegal as in big fine if you're caught with one. :(

I think you mean active... a radar detector is passive because it just sits there and listens, while a jammer is active because it actually sends something out to screw with the signal.

:owned:

Id say just buy a good radar detector as well the paint is def a scam, I paint cars for a living and i cant even buy a gallon of a decent basecoat or clearcoat for 150 dollars so i dont think your gonna and have it ram jadars for ya! :blink:

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 10 2003, 09:01 PM-->
HONDAPITSTOP
@Nov 10 2003, 06:33 PM

Oops yes I meant Active. Thanks for correcting that.
Bruce

I am happen to be in the army and i made a few inquiries about radar absorbant paint. First of a paint isn't going to do jack shit. The paint is more infrared surpressant. It works on lasers a bit. As for the Stealth tech. It is more to do with stuctural components then paint. If this was true don't you think you would have heard about it by now on tv?

as far as i know you can get your vehicle paint with infrared absoring paint. There is a place up here that carries the paint. They paint APC and tanks. So you have to settle for military colours if you want that. B)

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 18 2003, 01:13 PM
well now that we know there isnt paint that can absorb a radar is there paint that will absorb a laser??

From what I've heard and from getting a Laser ticket about 1 year ago, most police target the license plate and or lights. Kind of hard to paint those. There are some license plate covers that are supposed to prevent Laser and photo from working correctlt on the license plate covers, but I have no idea if they actually work or not? Plus not sure if the plate covers are even worth it because in a matter of seconds an officer can just target your headlights or tail lights if the plate doesn't show a reading. IMO, your best defense in not getting a Laser ticket is don't speed during the day time especially on warm sunny days when the laser officers are more likely to be standing outside their vehicle targeting you ;o)

Bruce

Back