Radiator Clarification ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18Chris

I just finished swapping a B18C1 motor into my 93 del sol but i need a little clarification on the radiator i should be using. I always see the post suggesting the use of a Del Sol vtec radiator but does this mean the del sol with a B16 vtec or the del sol with the D16 vtec which is what i had in my car? Or are they the same as long as the car had vtec? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Alright cool thats what I was thinking. Anyone ever run the half sized D series del sol radiator along with their GSR swap? I was just wondering how well it would hold up cus its just gonna be my daily driver, not really any tracking in mind.

yeah i had the d16 now b16 i bought the mishimoto alluminum radiator. the half size, not the full row one. my temp is a tad below normal temp. keeps it cooler than the oem plastic. but yeah the d size one will work with the B. i havent had the long one. but mine works fine. hope it helps

i bought a half size civic be cool aluminum radiator when i swapped out my D15 for my GSR and i live in the desert. 100 degrees all the time i dont have a radiator fan on it and i never over heat unless i idle for about 35 minutes a little pricy but you never have to worry about a blown head gasket

Back